Thursday, March 15, 2018

Psalm 46:10 - "Still"


I love when the Lord gives me an encouraging dream. Last night I dreamt I was in a church service filled with people. The majority of them were worshiping the Lord with singing, dancing, etc. They appeared to be expressing their love for the Lord without even realizing there were others around them. The room was full of different races and ages of people. It was an encouragement because it was a room I've never been in with people I did not recognize. I could have been discouraged because I was unable to stand due to a MS exacerbation but instead I was content to be a part of such a service. I thought of how the Lord has used previous exacerbations to open my eyes to things and take me deeper. I wondered if that was the purpose of this exacerbation. I also thought about how a friend told me God told her to 'sit' in a particular situation she is dealing with. Sometimes we must be stilled in order to receive what He has for us. I think of Psalm 46:10 which tells us when we are still, He will be exalted. We cannot manipulate our circumstances to have things the way we desire or in the timing we think should happen. Instead we need to allow God to work in and through us through them. We cannot hurry things along. If we do, it will give the enemy an open door. We cannot get upset with God but instead need to allow Him to open doors that need opened and to close ones that need closed. He is the Almighty who knows what is best for us. We just need to 'be still' and enjoy the days He has for us.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the encouragement of this dream. Father, it is so hard to be in the place we are but I know we are where You have called us to be. Dreams such as this one from last night, a phone call from a friend this morning, Tuesday night children and teen activities, time with 'my boys' throughout the week...all of these things encourage my heart in a big way. Thank You! Lord, I continue to pray for a cleansing in my spirit so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. I know that is the only way You will be able to use me as You desire. I pray for physical and emotional strength for Doc today at work. I pray You will be so very real to him in days like today. I pray for friends who are going through tough days. May they realize the concept of being still and allowing You to work in and through them. I also praise You for the good report from Megan's surgery yesterday. Father, once again I pray for Your words, actions, and attitude to be mine today. Thank You Jesus for being My Stillness. Amen.

No comments: