Thursday, March 8, 2018

Revelation 2:17 - "He Knows My Name"

Last night at Bible study I was blessed with Revelation 2:17....


This was the last verse of the section written to the Church of Pergamum. This church had lost their focus and gave into evil ways. Many years ago I did the same. I left God for the ways of the world. Praise His Holy Name I did not stay away but instead repented of my sin. In this verse it showed the Lord favors upon those who repent. Matthew Henry writes:

Here is the promise of favour to those that overcome. The influences and comforts of the Spirit of Christ, come down from heaven into the soul, for its support. This is hidden from the rest of the world. The new name is the name of adoption; when the Holy Spirit shows his own work in the believer's soul, this new name and its real import are understood by him.

The "hidden manna" was explained by Doc last night as when you are think your cupboards are bare and you go in and find food. It is an unexpected blessing from God. The "white stone" is a permanent aspect such as when you hear someone say 'it is written down in stone.' I thought of how when the Lord speaks to me, He calls me 'Daughter.' In the beginning of hearing His voice there were times I questioned whether it was Him speaking or me making it up in my mind. The Holy Spirit enlightened me that it is Him when 'Daughter' is used. In Bible times, a white stone symbolized innocence and purity. A black stone symbolized guilt. Jesus gives those who overcome sin and are faithful to Him a white stone with a new name on it. That new name signifies the close personal relationship they have with Him. Romans 8:1-2 reads, "With the arrival of Jesus, the Messiah, that fateful dilemma is resolved. Those who enter into Christ’s being-here-for-us no longer have to live under a continuous, low-lying black cloud. A new power is in operation. The Spirit of life in Christ, like a strong wind, has magnificently cleared the air, freeing you from a fated lifetime of brutal tyranny at the hands of sin and death." 

Woo hoo! He knew I was in turmoil when I was away from Him. He saw the tears and heard my anguish as I cried out to Him. He not only accepted me back into His arms but He grew my faith in Him in such a way that He gave me a new name, Daughter. Oh how I pray for more people to come into such a relationship. I pray for those who feel like they are too far gone or have done too bad of things. I pray they will realize as long as they have breathe in their being it is not too late to fall into the arms of Jesus. I also pray for those who are in relationship with Him yet are still holding onto 'stuff' that keeps them from being sold-out to Him. I pray they will realize there is nothing that is not already His. They just need to release everything to Him to receive the blessings of a new name and 'hidden manna.'

Dear Jesus,
Thank You, thank You, thank You for restoring our relationship. Thank You not giving up on me. Thank You for the 'hidden manna' You provide throughout the days of my walk with You. Thank You for my white stone with my new name. Thank You for loving me so greatly. Father, may You cleanse me today so You can fill me to overflowing so people will see You shine through me. Thank You for the opportunities yesterday to talk to so many through my school project. I pray our conversations will impact them for life. I pray they will ponder upon them and seek You. Lord, may You continue to use me as Your willing servant. I pray for Doc today to have opportunity to shine brightly for You in the workplace. Thank You Jesus for being My Restorer. Amen.

No comments: