Friday, March 16, 2018

Revelation 5:5-9 - "Lion and The Lamb"


I woke up this morning with a song Big Daddy Weave sings going through my mind....

Our God is the Lion
The Lion of Judah
He's roaring with power
And fighting our battles
And every knee will bow before You
Our God is the Lamb
The Lamb that was slain
For the sin of the world
His blood breaks the chains
And every knee will bow before the Lion and the Lamb
Oh every knee will bow before the Lion and the Lamb


Wow! God is so awesome in the way He is everything for us. He is a 'Lion' in the way He protects us yet as Jesus He is a 'Lamb' in the way He died for us. I can't even imagine what life on this earth would look like with everyone bowing before Him. I said yesterday something along the lines that I was so ready for His return. The person I was talking to said, "Oh no...not yet!" I desire for His return so much yet there are still many not ready for it. When the person said this, I thought about how I need to get better sharing Him with people. I need to be ready for opportunities He puts before me and then run with them. I need to be praying more for souls to be saved. I do not want Jesus' death to go for naught. I desire to honor Him through my obedience. He was the sacrificial Lamb who took away my sins. He also is the Lion who conquers the enemies who go against me every day. Oh how I wish more people would be in relationship with Him so they could see Him as their Lion and Lamb. I pray more people would realize just what it means to live a life of obedience to Him.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for this song this morning that reminds me of the aspect of You being my Lion in the way You protect me from my enemies and the way You are my Lamb in that You sacrificed Yourself for me. Thank You for the opportunities to be Your hands and feet yesterday. Thank You for the opportunities ahead in this day. Father, cleanse me so You can fill me. Love on me with Your love in such a way that it oozes out of me. Be my words, actions, and attitude today wherever You lead me. Father, give me boldness in my words so people will have no doubt You are the One in control of my life. Thank You Jesus for being My Lion and My Lamb. Amen.

No comments: