Wednesday, March 28, 2018

Acts 4; Exodus 9:16 - "When People Pray"


Yesterday proved how important it is to walk in obedience to God. A couple weeks ago I was asked to pray for someone who the doctor was pretty sure had cancer. He was not very optimistic as he scheduled the biopsy. Her daughters were called by the Lord to fast and given scripture from the same prayer book at the same time. Was that a coincidence? No way! Many others were called to pray. The result yesterday was a miracle. God told her and her pastor it was cancer. Was He wrong? No way! He told me to pray 'for her to accept the outcome' which made me think it was cancer. The doctor has never seen anything like it before and argued with the radiologist. His exact words were "it's a miracle!" Wow, God! This shows what happens when people pray and fast. It shows what happens when people will walk in obedience to God. It shows the supernatural power of God coming down into people who will be open to it. In Acts 4 when God showed up it literally was earth shaking. Yesterday with this news there may have been some earth shaking too with everyone's excitement! In Acts they gathered together with the intent purpose of having victory over wicked men. They did not just gather and pray. They prayed expecting the Lord to not only hear their prayers but to answer them. I firmly believe we need to pray expecting Him to hear us. I also firmly believe we need to ask Him for the impossible because He makes things possible. With different ones receiving through prayer this was cancer and then it not being...that is definitely the impossible becoming the possible. We must remember God answers in different ways and not always in our timing. Seventeen months ago there were many praying against cancer in my breast yet it was there. I do not know why it was but I do know who does. God had a reason for it. Perhaps it was to bring one of my doctors, nurses, technicians, etc. into relationship with Him. Or maybe it was to draw me closer to Him. No matter what I know He was and will continue to be glorified through the experience. Every six months when the fear begins to creep in as I go for my mammogram and visit, He is there to give me peace. I feel like I grow a little closer to Him every time. When my Daddy was in His last days and suffering, our prayers were answered by God's mercy coming down upon him and my Momma. People always say when you are going to die, the best way is in your sleep. I think my Daddy had the best way to die. His last hour or so was spent on this earth holding my Momma, talking and encouraging her, and loving on her was a precious gift God gave to both of them. Once again, prayers were answered in God's way and in His time.

We read in Exodus 9 of Moses being told by God to take a message to Pharaoh. Moses didn't want to do it because he knew Pharaoh would not accept it. God encouraged Moses to do it so He would be glorified. He told Moses to go because it was his purpose on this earth. What is my purpose on this earth? Am I fulfilling it in the manner God desires? Am I being the person God designed me to be? Are my prayers being as effective as they could be? Probably not because I do not fast as often as I should. I do a lot of praying but is it enough? This morning I am pondering on what it will take for Doc to be out of pain. Many have been praying for him yet it continues. We have prayed for God's direction on what to do and an appointment has been set for next Tuesday with a neurologist. But what if God would choose to perform a miracle before then? What if people prayed and fasted for his pain to be gone? What if...

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for showing us this miracle yesterday! Thank You for the blessings You give to us as we walk in obedience to You. Father, I am praying for a cleansing in my spirit so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. I am praying for strength in my husband as he went to work on little sleep. Fill his physical, emotional, mental, and spiritual tank to overflowing with all of You. May he feel Your empowerment as he goes through his time at work and then as he leads Bible study tonight. Thank You for being Our Answer to Prayers. Amen.

No comments: