Thursday, March 29, 2018

Psalm 30 - "O Lord"


During the night I was awake multiple times with these lyrics going through my head...

"I will stand my ground where hope can be found...
I will stand my ground where hope can be found...
Oh, O'Lord, O'Lord I know You hear my cry...
Your love is lifting me above all the lies..."

Yes! His love is greater than anything we may go through on this earth. There is somebody today who needs to here that 'joy comes in the morning.' When going through tough days, that may seem like are never-ending, we have the Hope of Jesus Christ. David wrote in Psalm 30 about the way God delivered Him. We can be encouraged by David's words. When He called out to God, he was healed in many ways. He finally saw 'the end of his tunnel' in his situation. He received strength from God in a way that could only be from Him. Verse six is key for all to ponder upon. When things are going right in their lives, many think they don't need God. Prayer, communication with God, must be practiced in both the 'good' and the 'bad' times of life. It also must be a two-way street. We must speak but listen. If we don't, we will be unable to hear His voice. If His voice is not heard, we will not be able to walk in obedience to His will. What we think we want in life, may not be what He desires for us. We also may get disheartened with having one thing after another happen but we must remember God has His reasons. Perhaps it is for us to draw closer to Him. Or perhaps it is for someone else to see how we react to opposition. No matter what, He has His reasons. Matthew Henry has some strong words about this passage...

"The Lord, in his favour, has fixed the believer's safety firm as the deep-rooted mountains, but he must expect to meet with temptations and afflictions. When we grow careless, we fall into sin, the Lord hides his face, our comforts droop, and troubles assail us."

We must be willing to walk in obedience to be able to stand-up against opposition. When we do, then we will realize verses eleven and twelve to their fullest...
11 You turned my wailing into dancing;
    you removed my sackcloth and clothed me with joy,
12 that my heart may sing your praises and not be silent.
    Lord my God, I will praise you forever.
Yes! 'Joy will come in the morning' when we cry out to Him! Today I am praying for several who are going through tough days...
  • Two awaiting biopsy results
  • A family with the sudden loss of their toddler
  • My friend Paula with multiple issues requiring therapy; appt. today for pain
  • My friend Deb with multiple health issues; strength for her sister Brenda & family
  • A dear lady facing radiation
  • A man with an alcoholic wife
  • Two families in turmoil
  • Many families who mourn over loved ones leaving this earth
  • Many parents who are praying for their prodigals
So many people who need a touch from the Lord in a mighty way so they can find and/or see His hope and joy.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the joy You give to me! Thank You for giving us Psalm 30 as an example of how You will deliver us through tough situations in life. Father, today is a new day. The birds are singing a great chorus outside. They are rejoicing for the newness of spring. Father, I pray for a cleansing in my spirit so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. I pray my day will be filled with rejoicing, no matter what occurs. I pray the same for Doc as he has a long day today at work. Strengthen him physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually throughout this day. Thank You for the opportunity he had yesterday to explain salvation to one. Lord, may we be beacons of light wherever You put us in this day. Thank You for being My Joy. Amen.

No comments: