Thursday, March 1, 2018

James 1:2-3 - "Old Church Choir"

Once again this morning these words are going through my mind...

I've got an Old Church Choir singing in my soul
I've got a sweet salvation and it's beautiful
I've got a heart overflowing 'cause I've been restored
There ain't nothing gonna steal my joy
No there ain't nothing gonna steal my joy

I am praying for some people in my little world who appear to have lost their joy. There are some who are allowing circumstances to take over their lives. There are some who seem to have forgotten that the Lord is their joy. His strength is there for them to get through tough days. Sometimes He puts roadblocks before us to see how we will react to them. He wants to see if we will stand strong in Him or if we will give up. Sometimes when the enemy comes knocking the Lord does not knock him down because He wants to see if we will put on His full armor and stand up against him. I think of the words of James 1:2-3 this morning...


We all have a choice to make. We can allow the enemy to steal our joy or we can stand in the Lord's strength during trials. We can have doubts and give into negative thoughts or we can see the cup half full and realize the Lord is with us. He never leaves us but instead will give us exactly what we need as we stand firm in our faith. It's our choice. The Lord does not push Himself on us the way the enemy does. When we feel weak, He is our strength. All we have to do is accept His strength to get through the tough days.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for Your strength that enables me to stand firm in my faith. Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead in this day. Lord, this morning I am praying for those who have lost or are losing their joy in You. May they stand firm in their faith once again. May they find You in the midst of the trials of their life. May Your peace come down upon them in a mighty way this morning. I pray You will cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May people see/hear You instead of me today in my words, actions, and attitude. Thank You Jesus for being My Joy. Amen.




No comments: