Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Matthew 21:9 - "Hosanna"


Last night as I was teaching the children about Palm Sunday I wondered if there were some who would have a problem with grasping the meaning of 'Hosanna.' I do not know what they live with or if they can truly praise the Lord. I thought about how some may live in homes of turmoil. Could their little minds grasp the fact that when we praise Him it helps us through tough times? Could they begin to understand when we praise Him it knocks the enemy down? If they have an earthly Father who is abusive, could they have a relationship with their Heavenly Father who loves them so greatly? All of these things went through my mind. The more I thought about them, the more I became determined to teach them about Jesus. He loves us more than anyone else ever could. He loves us unconditionally. His love is a different kind of love than we can receive from someone else. People do not deserve our praise the way He does. People will hurt us but He never will. People will let us down but He never will. 

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for these children You have put into my life. Thank You for the opportunities to love on them with Your love. I pray they can comprehend Your love and see how You love them no matter what is happening in their little world. May I have opportunity to be You to them in a way that will make You real to them. Father, cleanse me so my actions, words, and attitude are Yours. Fill me to overflowing with more of You. I pray for physical, mental, and emotional strength for Doc today in the workplace. May He feel Your empowerment. Thank You Jesus for being My Hosanna! Amen.


No comments: