Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Psalm 91 - "His Love Defends Me"


I woke up this morning with "Your Love Defends Me" going through my mind. During the night "Good, Good Father" was with me. Yesterday "One Thing Remains" was the song He woke me with. I see a common theme of God's love being with me. He knows I need this encouragement. That is why He is reminding me that He loves me. His love is powerful and becomes even more so in times of attack by the enemy. His love is greater than anything the enemy can throw our way. His love is greater than words of people, things done against us, etc. His love is greater than everything. That is a comforting feeling. When feeling like you are not making progress, His love encourages to keep pressing on. When you feel like you are knocking your head against the way, His love shows You otherwise. These words are ones I need to remember throughout the tough days of life.

Day after day, night after night
I will remember, You're with me in this fight
Although the battle, it rages on
The war is already won
I know the war is already won

Yes! I can have victory because He already had victory. That is exciting to think about. No matter what happens on this earth it is nothing compared to what He endured on the cross for me. His death and resurrection were for me along with everyone else. I do not want it to go in vain. The desire of my heart is to fulfill His will. There is no better feeling than knowing you are walking in obedience to His will. 

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the reminders of Your love. Thank You for the way You have already won the war. Thank You for choosing to walk in obedience to Your Heavenly Father so I have the opportunity to do the same. Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead today. I pray for traveling mercies as we leave today. I pray for not only safety on the roads but especially for opportunities to show Your love as we travel. Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing. Thank You Jesus for being My Victory! Amen.

No comments: