Tuesday, February 6, 2018

"Healer" - Philippians 4:13


Yesterday as I was waiting for the biopsy to begin the words to "Healer" were going through my mind....

I believe You're my healer
I believe You are all I need
I believe You're my portion
I believe You're more than enough for me
Jesus You're all I need

Yes! He has healed me before...many times...and for that I am grateful. Whether He heals through an instant healing or if it is through doctors and medicine He is all I need. This time the biopsy was done differently. The doctor and nurses kept saying it was easier this way but to me it wasn't. I was grateful the Lord reminded me to take a 'hippy-hippy shake' pill before going. At least trying to not shake was a distraction to everything else. As the numbing took effect I sang in my mind...

You hold my every moment
You calm my raging seas
You walk with me through fire
And heal all my disease
I trust in You, Lord I trust in You

Trust is key to everything we go through. Yesterday I had to trust the doctor as he did the procedure, the technician as she held my hand and put her arm around my shoulders to hold me still, and most of all I trusted God be in control of everything. I trust Him with the results. No matter what they are, He will get me through them. If it is from radiation and further surgery needs done, He will be with me. If it is just calcium deposits, He will be with me. If 'C' has returned, He will be with me. Plain and simple. He will be with me no matter what. I am at peace with that knowledge. The waiting on test results could be horrible but I refuse to allow the enemy any open door. Instead I will bask in the knowledge that He is with me and that is all I need. 

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the blessings of being with me yesterday in such a powerful way. Thank You for the blessings ahead in this day. Father, You know what is on my calendar and I pray for Your strength to get me through the day. I pray for Your arms to be wrapped around me in a mighty way so I can feel Your presence at all times. Cleanse me of anything not of You so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. I pray for my friend who has found a lump in her breast to get a timely appointment for her mammogram and ultrasound. Give her Your strength to get through these days. I also pray for Doc to have a good day today at work. I pray for him to have opportunities to be You to others today. Thank You Jesus for being My Strength. Amen.


No comments: