Tuesday, February 13, 2018

James 4:7; John 16:33; Hebrews 10:30; I John 2:9 - "Create In Me"

The Lord woke me up during the night to pray for those who are bitter in their spirits. I encountered one yesterday who is dealing with bitterness. Her words spat out bitterness in a mighty way. It saddened me as I listened to her. She professes to be a Christian yet the enemy has a foothold in her spirit. As she spoke I prayed for her to find God's peace in her situation. I do not blame her for being upset with the way she was wronged but in basking on her situation she has opened the door for the enemy to play havoc in her life. I was amazed at how many people that I know are dealing with bitterness. The Lord brought up one after another to pray for. It also saddens me to see some people live in bitterness for years and not realize what they are doing to their lives. They are miserable and they make others miserable. I cannot even begin to imagine how God feels in such circumstances. I prayed for...

  • a single Mom who is raising her daughter to see how to hold onto a grudge over the father who does not have anything to do with his daughter...I prayed for her to realize she is putting her baggage upon her daughter...I also prayed for her daughter to be able to comprehend a relationship with her Heavenly Father despite not having one with her earthly father
  • a woman who was hurt by the church years ago yet continues to hold onto bitterness from the situation...I prayed she would realize how her attitude is not only affecting herself but her family and friends - John 16:33 reads, "I have said these things to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation. but take heart; I have overcome the world." (ESV)
  • a woman who was hurt by truthful words about herself by family members...I prayed she would realize how her attitude has put a wedge in her family
  • a woman who dealt with sexual abuse in multiple family members lives...I prayed for her to realize God is the Ultimate Judge and he will make the offender answer for his actions - Hebrews 10:30 reads, For we know him who said, "Vengeance is mine; I will repay." And again, "The Lord will judge his people." (ESV)
  • a woman who cannot conceive...I prayed she would not take her bitterness out on others but instead allow God to heal her heart
  • a woman who lost her husband due to adultery...I prayed she would find the Lord's peace after many years
  • a single woman who continually seeks relationships with men who are not walking with God only to be hurt...I prayed she would realize her worth in the Lord


As I was praying there were two things that came to my mind. First, all of these ones with bitterness in their heart are all women. I don't know if that is because I am a woman and I pick up on their emotions more or if it is because it is the emotions of women that make them more apt to be bitter. I also thought of so many people in my little world who could be bitter but have chosen to seek God to heal their hurts. Jeremy's Family who could be bitter over the man who took his life; parents who have lost their children; one who was sexually molested multiple times as a child; one fighting cancer with the joy of the Lord flowing from her; and one dealing with a rare disease that is taking away her body functions. These are all believers in Christ. They have the Hope of Him. But the ones He had me praying for also are believers. What is the difference? Why are some bitter while others are not? I believe the answer lies in living completely sold out to Him. There is no place for darkness where there is Light. I John 2:9 reads, "Whoever says he is in the light and hates his brother is still in darkness" (ESV). I am sure the people I prayed for during the night would say they do not have hatred in them but their actions and words state otherwise. Oh how I pray for each one of these individuals to have their eyes opened up to healing in their spirits so the Lord can fill them with more of Himself.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the opportunity to pray for my sisters during the night. I pray they will feel a stirring in their heart to let go of the bitterness. May You empower them to knock the enemy out of their life. I pray they will exercise the free will You give them to accept Your empowerment. Father, I pray You will cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. I know You told me to go and pray with one of these ladies today and I ask that You pave the way for her to accept my prayers. I pray for boldness in my words but that they will be given and accepted with Your love. Father, I also pray for another dear friend You woke me up to pray for. I do not know what is going on in her life but I do know she depends upon You for her strength. Bless her physically, mentally, emotionally, financially, and most of all spiritually. Bless our time tonight with the children and teens. Bless Doc's day at work today...encourage his spirit. Thank You Jesus for being My Light. Amen.

No comments: