Monday, February 12, 2018

Matthew 24:1-14; 25:21 - "All My Hope"

All my hope is in Jesus
Thank God that yesterday's gone
All my sins are forgiven
I've been washed by the blood


These words were going through my mind every time I was awake during the night. Maybe they were because I am anxiously awaiting going to Crowder's concert Friday night. But I think they were because of what I read and then wrote about for school last night. Our study this week is centered around the Day of Judgment. One of the questions I wrote about asked how I felt when I think about the coming day. As a Christ follower I have hope in Him so I am excited as I await His return. But I also need to have an urgency in my spirit for others to come to know Him before He returns. Jesus Himself told the disciples no one will know when He will return but He did give them signs as to when it would occur. In Matthew 24 He spoke of people proclaiming to be Him, nations against one another, wars and rumors of wars, earthquakes, floods, and famine to be seen in the beginning of the "birth pains." We have already seen all of these. Unfortunately, we also are seeing people turning away from Him and betraying other believers. He continues talking about Christians being persecuted and false prophets being in our midst. It is hard to read of people's love turning cold but once again that is being seen. Verse fourteen is one that is a hard one to understand. Some would say it has already happened through the internet but I do not believe so. I believe there are many places around the world with people who do not have access to the internet. Some of these places have had missionaries go to share the Gospel but I do not think everyone has heard it yet. No matter whether they have or not I believe there are people in my little world who still need to hear the Gospel. I also believe I am not doing enough to share it. I need to get better. I need to be bolder. The Holy Spirit empowers me and I need to accept His empowerment when it comes to sharing the Gospel in a more determined way. On the Day of Judgment I desire to hear the words of Matthew 25:21...

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the blessings of yesterday. I was so proud of the teens who took the Valentine Day cards to the residents of the nursing homes. The smiles on the participants and the ones receiving the cards were priceless! I enjoyed that time so much! Father, cleanse me so You can fill me. Be my words, actions and attitude today in a bold way. I pray for the empowerment of the Holy Spirit to be upon me so people will find You in the midst of their troubles. Please forgive me for not being bolder in sharing You. Lord, I also pray for Doc to have opportunity today to share You with his co-workers and customers. Thank You Jesus for being Our Hope. Amen.

No comments: