Saturday, February 17, 2018

John 12:46 - "I Saw The Light/I'll Fly Away"

Last night's Crowder concert was awesome! Even though it was a Christmas present I bought Doc, I was blessed in abundance. Waiting in line until 7:40 when the concert was suppose to start at 7:00 was not fun but it was worth it. I do believe what they said at the beginning about the devil trying to mess up the evening was true. I know we needed to be renewed and refreshed in our spirits and that is exactly what happened. Toward the end with them doing "I Saw the Light" in their own kind of way I was so blessed. 

I saw the light I saw the light
No more darkness no more night
Now I'm so happy no sorrow in sight
Praise the lord I saw the light.


Yes! As I sang along with them, I thought about how when I was a little girl singing this song I thought it was just about asking Jesus into your heart. As an adult I realized it can also mean when one becomes entirely sanctified. Even after Jesus is in your heart original sin is still in you. There is still darkness in your heart because you are still bent to sin. When you give everything to the Lord, He resides in your heart. Therefore, there is no more darkness. He (Light) cannot exist in darkness.  


Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the blessings from yesterday with my final being over and the Crowder concert last night. Thank You for our date night that we needed so much. Father, I pray for blessings over this day with the work day at the church building. I pray whatever You have to be accomplished will be accomplished. I pray for people to participate and to work together. Lord, bless our building in a mighty way. May people be drawn to You through the work done throughout this day. Cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing. May people see/hear You through me throughout this day. Thank You for being My Light. Amen.


No comments: