Friday, February 16, 2018

Psalm 19:1 - "God Of Wonders"


"Lord of all creation...of water, earth and sky..." These words are going through my mind this morning. What an awesome day yesterday to enjoy His creation with my Momma at Hilton Head. If anyone would have told us five years ago we would have had such a day, we would have told them they were crazy. But with our move down here and her visit to see us it happened. It was a beautiful day with perfect weather. Well, Momma probably would have liked it to be a little warmer or at least a little less windy but the sun was shining so beautiful as the Son was shining down on us. It is no wonder this song is in my head this morning as I think of looking out over the sandy beach, water, and beautiful blue sky. I was saddened when I got on Facebook last night and read about Debby's mother passing. As I read posts from others who commented on our pictures from yesterday, I realized how many of them no longer have their mothers with them on this earth to have such days as I did. I prayed for some who may physically still have their momma here but mentally they are already gone. I prayed for them on emotional days as they think of their momma's. I prayed they would have godly women in their lives who can 'mother' them, be there for them, listen to them, etc. I prayed for those like Shirley who have been so many years without their momma. I also prayed for momma's who have lost their babies already in life to have peace in their souls. I also prayed for estranged relationships between parents and children and for those who may not even know where their parent or child may be. There are so many hurting people in this world. I pray they will find God's peace in the midst of the storms of life they go through. I praise God for giving us this time for my Momma to see our new world. I praise Him for Norma and Mike who brought her down. I cannot believe how fast five weeks have gone by. I wish it didn't have to end and I could just keep her down here forever. But that would be selfish as I know friends and family are missing her. I will be grateful for the time God has given us and pray it will happen again!

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead in this day. I pray an abundance of blessings upon my Momma. I pray You will enable her to knock the enemy down when he comes knocking at her door. Lord, I pray for a cleansing in my spirit so You can feel me to overflowing with more of Your Spirit. I also pray for Your wisdom today as I take my final exam. Give me clarity and recollection. Enable me to not get frustrated with questions I do not know. I pray for an empowerment in Doc's physical body as he is so tired. Bless our date night tonight in a mighty way. I pray for safety on the roads as we travel and a renewal in our spirit as we bask in Your presence at the concert. Thank You Jesus for being The One To Bless Me. Amen.


No comments: