Thursday, February 15, 2018

Psalm 32:7 - "You Are My Hiding Place"


Yesterday was a day where I had no doubt the Lord was in charge of my life. After breaking a tooth and calling to find out I could not get into the dentist for a week we prayed for someone to cancel so I could get in. Not only did they cancel but I had less than two hours to think about the appointment. That was a true blessing. Another blessing was finding out what I thought was going to be $100 to fix was really going to be $300+ but because the dentist told me $100 he did it for $200. Another blessing was I didn't cry during the whole ordeal. The tears came close when there was the conversation about the money but they did not come out full blown. I felt the Lord's presence with me with all the drilling and the forty-five minutes it took to complete. I told Dr. Donovan I would rather have an MRI than be in his chair but he was making it become more bearable. I told him in fact, I would rather do radiation treatments for breast cancer than be there but then I said except for #21-#25 treatments. That shows how hard it is for me to go to the dentist. My experience as a child put unnecessary fear in me. But praise the Lord between first Dr. Stewart and now Dr. Donovan I am realizing not all dentists are alike. The Lord has put these two men in my life to enable me to overcome my fears. I think of the words of a song Selah sings...

You are my hiding place
(I will trust in You)
You always fill my heart
(Let the weak say I am strong)
With songs of deliverance
(In the strength of the Lord)
Whenever I am afraid
I will trust in You


Yes! He is my hiding place as I trust Him through all of the situations of life. He delivers me from fear as I bask in His presence. He is my strength in times like yesterday as I trust in Him. As I laid back in the dentist chair with my hands clasped, trying to not be fearful, He gave me these words singing through my head. "I can do all things...through Christ who gives me strength...but sometimes I wonder what He can do through me...no great success...no glory on my own...yet in my weakness He is there to let me know...His strength is perfect when our strength is gone..." His strength was my strength yesterday. Physically, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually. I am praying for His financial strength as He shows me how to pay for the bill. I do not fret because I know He will provide. He already started the process by the gift of several bags of groceries last night from some friends. What a blessing! I have no fears He will continue to provide. He always has and He always will. The more we walk in obedience, the more we see His hand at work in our lives. That is a blessing in itself.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for opening the door for an open appointment with the dentist. Thank You for him being able to save my tooth. Thank You for the conversation I had with his assistant. Sometimes I wonder why things happen like a broken tooth but then when I see how You are glorified through it I realize it is just another opportunity for me to walk in obedience. Father, I pray for a cleansing in my spirit of anything that is not of You. I also pray for a filling up of my spiritual tank with more of You so people will see/hear You today. Lord, be with our friends who are traveling today. I pray for not only safety on the roads but physical strength in their bodies. I also pray for Momma and I as we do some traveling around today for safety on the roads and physical strength. "Your strength is perfect" in so many ways. May You continue to be glorified through the strength You give me mentally, physically, emotionally, financially, and most of all spiritually. Thank You Jesus for being My Hiding Place. Amen.

No comments: