Sunday, February 11, 2018

Ephesians 6:10-18 - "King of My Heart"


Saturday nights...I love how the Lord focuses me on praying for pastors. Last night He didn't give me specific pastors. He told me to pray for 'boldness' for all. Some have a bold message with a weak delivery. Some have a weak message with a bold delivery. I prayed for pastors to not only have a message through words but to have a message through actions. There are some pastors so stressed over life they are missing opportunities the Lord puts before them. There are also pastors who are caught up in numbers and missing people's needs. I prayed for all pastors to be walking in obedience to His will. It seems like that should not even be a prayer that would have to be prayed yet unfortunately it is. It saddens me to think about how the enemy is working in the lives of those in the church. He is not only working in people in the pews but he is working in pastors. I am tired of fighting the enemy yet I know the closer we get to the Lord, the more the enemy will fight us. He does not need to fight against those he already has so he works overtime on those walking in the Lord. We can never give up and allow him to win. We can never quit praying for those who are doing the enemy's work. There are even people within the walls of a church who are doing his work. Some of them knowingly, some do not even realize how he is using them. These days especially people walking in obedience must put on the Lord's full armor daily to stand up against the enemy. 

10 Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. 11 Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes. 12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. 13 Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. 14 Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, 15 and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. 16 In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. 17 Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God. 18 And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the Lord’s people. Ephesians 6
Yes! Verse eighteen is key. We must "pray in the Spirit" at all times. We also must "be alert" to our surroundings. We also must pray for one another. I know there are people praying for us and our ministry. I am grateful for those prayers. I also know I am praying for pastors, spouses and their families as we all continue pressing toward the goal of eternity with Jesus for all who will accept it.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for another opportunity to pray for pastors, their spouses, and their families. Thank You for loving us so greatly as we pursue a walk of obedience for You. Father, I pray You will enable us to fight against the enemy when we feel beaten down. Strengthen us. Cleanse us so You can fill us with more of You. Empower us to be You even when people blatantly are against us. I pray for Your love to flow from our words, actions and attitude throughout this day in a different, new way. May You be the "King of My Heart" today and every day. May You be the boldness in my words. I pray the same for all pastors, their spouses, and their children. I am so grateful for the encouragement You give me. Thank You Jesus for being My Strength! Amen.

No comments: