Thursday, February 8, 2018

Psalm 46:10 - "Still"


Yesterday was what I like to call a 'water therapy' type of day. I needed to be near the water as I talked with God. I remember when we lived in Ohio there were times where we would go sit by Lake Erie just to relax and refresh. I am so thankful I am so much closer to the water. It is wonderful to get in the car and be there in just a few minutes. It was so windy but it was so wonderful to walk and talk to Jesus as the sun shined down on me. There were a few times the tears came but it was OK. As I walked these words came from my mouth...

Find rest my soul
In Christ alone
Know His power
In quietness and trust
When the oceans rise and thunders roar
I will soar with you above the storm
Father, You are King over the flood
I will be still and know You are God


Yes! There is rest in stillness. There is empowerment in trust. There is peace in the midst of the 'storms' of life. I do not know how people without God gets through 'storms' that can be so hard. The wind was so strong yesterday. I think it was that way to remind me of the Holy Spirit's strength. As the sun shined on my face I was reminded the Son continually shines down on me. As I watched the waves of the water I was reminded God knows exactly how much water there is on this earth just as He knows every aspect about me. He can calm the waters at anytime just as He can calm the 'storms' of life we go through. Even though I was only there a short time, it was a refreshing time where my tank was filled. I was so grateful for how the Lord directed me to the water and then spoke through nature to me.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the reminder that I need to be 'still' and allow You to work in and through me. Thank You for the way You used Your creation yesterday to love on me in a mighty way. Father, cleanse me and fill me today so I can be the servant You so desire. I pray for my attitude, words, and actions to be Yours in a mighty way. Whatever the results are from the biopsy, I pray You will be glorified. Lord, be with those who are waiting on tests and test results. Give them Your peace and strength. Lord, I pray for a situation that needs handled. Give wisdom as to how and when to address the issue. Thank You for opening the door for Doc to be with me for my appointment today. You are so good. Thank You for being My Stillness. Amen.

No comments: