Monday, February 19, 2018

Psalm 119:57-64 - "Your Love Defends Me"


Today there is heaviness in my spirit as I pray for so many hurting people...
  • the family of the 13 year old boy who committed suicide
  • the husband who found his 'healthy' wife dead
  • the family who have called in Hospice for their mother
  • my hubby with arm pain/numbness
  • a pastor who is discouraged by hurtful words said yesterday to them
  • Jeremy's family as they come to the six month mark of his leaving earth
  • several families who are grieving...even though it is a celebration in heaven, the loss is great on this earth
  • Mike who is having intense back spasms
  • a daughter with an unsaved father who has been given a 'bad' diagnosis
  • a missionary couple with a sick little boy
  • a separated couple with financial needs
  • our waitress who was called to a family emergency; her family separated
  • a pastor praying for wisdom on how to handle a situation with someone who left their church
I am reminded this morning of the words to "Your Love Defends Me"...

Surely my God is the strength of my soul
Your love defends me, Your love defends me
And when I feel like I'm all alone
Your love defends me, Your love defends me

Day after day, night after night
I will remember, You're with me in this fight
Although the battle, it rages on
The war is already won
I know the war is already won

No matter what we go through on this earth we must remember that God is always with us. He is always there to support us, comfort us, give us His strength, and most of all be our Guide. He encourages us with bringing scripture to our minds. He loves on us when people are against us. He gives us exactly what we need when we need it as we allow Him too. There is peace in living with the Holy Spirit in control. There is no longer fretting over bills when we turn everything over to Him. It does not mean there is a free flow of money but He gives wise council on paying what needs paid. He directs us to spend more wisely and be more frugal. He blesses what we have in abundance.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the reminder of how You take care of our needs. When our 'wants' fall into step with Your will, You bless us with those too. Father, I am praying for so many people who are going through difficult times. Some of them have great spiritual needs. I pray for those first. I pray for physical healing, especially for my husband. I pray against the spiritual warfare happening in our lives. Father, I pray for a cleansing in my spirit so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May You be my words, actions, and attitude today in a mighty way. Thank You Jesus for being My Defender. Amen.

No comments: