Thursday, February 1, 2018

I Peter 1:13-25; Deut. 10:12-13 - "Point To You"


The Lord woke me up with the lyrics from We Are Messenger's song "Point To You" going through my mind. As I was singing it He prompted me to pray for some people who need a revelation in their heart.

I need a miracle
Some healing for my heart
I need a revelation
A brand new start
I want simplicity
Where I can rest
But I need a miracle to put my past to death

I am writing a paper on entire sanctification. Maybe that's why I have been thinking so much about people who need Jesus in a different, new way. Some have not accepted him into their hearts for salvation. Others have been living comfortably as a believer yet continue to turn their back on the idea of dying to self. I have not preached a whole lot of sermons but in cleaning up my computer files I find it interesting how most of my sermons have a continual theme of entire sanctification. I know the Lord gives me inspiration when writing. I also know I desire to see more people live a life without bondage to 'stuff' of the world. The Apostle Peter tells us in I Peter 1 to live in hope, holiness, and in fear. Verse thirteen reads, "...set your hope fully on the grace that will be brought to you at the revelation of Jesus Christ." Woo hoo!!!! He didn't say 'partially' but he said "fully"! He is our Hope in this fallen world. Once again in verse fifteen Peter uses the word "all" when telling us about how our conduct should be holy. The only way this is possible is by walking in obedience to God's will. A rebellious spirit that wants to hold onto 'stuff' cannot live out verse sixteen of "Be holy, for I am holy." We must be transformed so we no longer have the desire in our hearts to conform to the ways of the world. Verse seventeen of this passage reads "...conduct yourselves with fear..." The word fear does not mean to be afraid but rather means to show God respect and reverence. 


As one follows the commands in Deuteronomy 10:12-13 living in holiness will come as natural as breathing. As all is surrendered, bondages are broken. As one walks in obedience there will be things they don't want to do, places they don't want to go to, people they don't want to talk to, etc. But through the walk of obedience God gives peace in knowing you are doing His will and have His strength to accomplish what He asks of you. I pray for more people to have such a relationship with the Lord. I pray their life will no longer be a life of ignorance (I Peter 1:14); a life dominated by desire (I Peter 1:14); or a life characterized by futility (I Peter 1:18).

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the blessings ahead in this day. Thank You for the sunshine but most of all for You being My Sonshine. Lord, I pray for a cleansing in my spirit so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. I pray for You to ooze out of me so people will see/hear You through me. Lord, I am grateful today has come for my sister Linda's hip replacement. The pain she has endured has been horrible and I praise You for being her strength. Guide Dr. Berry as he does the surgery and give a gentle spirit to all who care for her. I also pray for a pastor who is dealing with false allegations against them to have more of You today than they ever have. I pray for the enemy to be knocked down out of their situation. I pray for family who are dealing with the death of their husband, father, grandfather this morning. I pray for a pastor who is seeking Your will in their ministry to have a revelation from You today. Give them Your peace in their situation. I also pray for another pastoral couple who are retiring and another pastoral family who are going through transition as they walk in faith to follow Your will. I pray for blessings over Doc's meeting this afternoon. Thank You Jesus for being My Sonshine. Amen.

No comments: