Tuesday, February 20, 2018

I Corinthians 13 - "One Thing Remains"


What would this world look like if everyone had God's love oozing out of them? What would it look like if even just those who call themselves Christians would have it oozing out of them? What would it look like if even just half of the people in a neighborhood, work place, school, etc. had it oozing out of them? It would look different than it does today. There would be harmony where there is conflict. There would be life instead of senseless death. There would be hurting people feeling the love of God in a mighty way. I Corinthians 13 is often referred to as the 'love chapter' and many times used in wedding ceremonies. Paul begins in the first three verses of the necessity of having God's love. One cannot love others in the way God intended without having His love grounded in their being. Verses four through seven describes such love. The remaining part of the chapter speaks of how everything on this earth will not matter when the time comes to see Jesus. Faith, hope and love are all that will matter. We must have faith in God to have hope in Him. His love will flow from all who will allow Him to take over their being. We will no longer need to have faith when we are in heaven. Nor will there be a need for hope because we will already be with Him for eternity. But there will always be His love. This morning I am praying for many who are hurting. I am praying they will know Him and have faith in Him so they will have hope in Him. The way that is possible is for those around them to share His love in a great way.
  • families dealing with recent deaths - Florida school; 13 year old boy
  • two families with their mother/grandmother in Hospice care
  • a family with great conflict 
  • one with unresolved conflict from many years ago that continues to show in their life
Dear Jesus,
I praise You for the blessings of yesterday and the blessings ahead in this day. I pray for a cleansing in my spirit so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May You be my words, actions, and attitude throughout this day. Lord, I thank You for all the ways You show Your love to me. I pray I will be better at sharing it. I pray You will keep my focus on You so I do not miss any opportunities You put before me. Be with Doc today and enable him to be a beacon of light in the place You have put him. Thank You Jesus for being My Love. Amen.

No comments: