Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Matthew 11:28-30 - "Mended"


The words to "Mended" were going through my mind at 3AM and again this morning. I've been to the place described where I felt like I was not good enough for God. I felt like I had gone too far away from Him to ever return. People made me feel ugly and dirty by their words and their attitudes. Some of them called themselves Christians yet they did not have Christ's love flowing from them. Instead there were hurtful words. Some shunned me because I was so 'bad' yet their attitude was just as 'bad.' Shame on them. With going through the experience I did I am able to relate to those who feel like they are not good enough for God. My life experience is one that I would never repeat yet it is one that can be used to further His Kingdom. 

When you see broken beyond repair
I see healing beyond belief
When you see too far gone
I see one step away from home

When you see nothing but damaged goods
I see something good in the making
I'm not finished yet
When you see wounded, I see mended

Yes! Jesus died for all not just those who think they are good enough for Him. He died so all  can live. It is up to believers to share His love to others to have the same hope they have. Is it easy? Not usually but it is a blessing to have someone come into relationship with Him after you have shared Him. The song continues, "You see the scars from when you fell..But I see the stories they will tell..." Yes! That is what we all are to do. Tell the story of how Christ brought us into relationship with Him. I have heard some who grew up in a Christian home, married a Christian man, and went into a life of ministry say they don't have anything bad to tell. Those people are few and far between but they are in our world. To them I say there has got to be a time where the Lord gave you His strength to get through a tough time of life. Share that with people. If nothing else, share a time you brought someone to the Lord that was going through the same thing the one you are talking to is going through. We all need to pray for God's guidance and words when presented an opportunity to share His love with others. Sometimes He will give us opportunities with someone we are comfortable with but many times it is with someone we are uncomfortable with. I have often wondered why that is but still do not have the answer. I just know when He gives me an opportunity I need to accept it and follow His lead. Shame on me when I don't. Yesterday He told me to go pray with a woman who was very crabby and bitter. I didn't want to go. I asked if I could just pray for her but He said no. So I went. I prayed for her to accept my offer to pray with her and for His words as I prayed. I was pleasantly surprised at the outcome of the situation. I do not know if I will ever see this woman again or not but I do know I was obedient to Him and blessed in the process. 

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the opportunities of yesterday with this lady and then last night with the children and teens. I praise You for the opportunities ahead in this day. May You cleanse me so You can fill me so I do not miss anything You have ahead for me. I pray for more of You to show through in my words, actions, and attitude. I pray for people to see/hear You instead of me today. Lord, I also pray for protection over my broken tooth. It is going to be a long time until I can get into the dentist next week. I pray You will be my strength through these days. I also pray for Doc today as he works and then has Bible study tonight. May You give him Your strength and wisdom. Thank You for being My Mender. Amen.

No comments: