Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Jeremiah 29:11 - "God Bless The Broken Road"


3:52AM...The Lord woke me up and I asked who I was to pray for...His response was 'your husband.' I started praying from the tip of his head to the tip of his toes. I prayed for his brain to have wisdom; his eyes to see through Jesus' eyes; his lips to speak truth; his ears to hear from the Lord; his arms to be loving; his hands to be gentle; his legs to have strength; and his feet to support him as He walks in obedience. I then prayed the full armor of God over him. I prayed for the helmet of salvation to give him eternal life; the breastplate of righteousness to continue to enable him to walk in the Spirit; the shield of faith to continue to be what he gains strength from; the belt of truth to be his way of life; the shoes of peace to be what he depends upon in troubling times; the sword of the Spirit to be his guide; and most of all for him to pray in the Spirit at all times. He is such a man after God's heart. He works so hard as he seeks the Lord's will throughout life. He left a 'comfortable' place to come to a place that is so different in so many ways. The one way that is not different is he continues to seek the will of God where He has put us. He trusts God in everything but especially when things don't make sense. He trusts Him when the future seems bleak and God continues to bless his trust. I am grateful to have him as my husband but especially grateful for the godly example he gives to me as my pastor. What a privilege to have the Lord wake me to pray for him during the night. I didn't get up to get this list but it is one that is worth praying...

25 Verses To Pray Over Your Husband

  1. That he lives in accordance with God’s plan for his life {Ephesians 4:1-2}
  2. That he would continue to lead and that God would be glorified in our marriage {Ephesians 5:25-29}
  3. That the Lord would bless his work {Proverbs 22:29}
  4. That he would lean on Christ in his trials {Psalm 46:1}
  5. His integrity {Proverbs 11:3}
  6. His temptations {1 Corinthians 10:13}
  7. That he would have a giving heart {Proverbs 28:27}
  8. For discernment in handling finances {Luke 16:13}
  9. That he would trust in God’s plan, not his own { Jeremiah 29:11}
  10. That he would give everything to the Lord in Prayer {1 Thessalonians 5:17}
  11. That he would seek wisdom {James 1:5}
  12. That God would give him discernment {Philippians 1:9-10}
  13. That the Lord would teach him how to be a good husband & likewise me a good wife {Ephesians 5:22-33}
  14. That he would submit his fears to God {Psalm 118:6}
  15. That he would fully grasp his purpose in Christ {Romans 8:28}
  16. For his health {1 Corinthians 6:12} 
  17. For strength {Psalm 28:7}
  18. That he would be surrounded by people who bring him up {Proverbs 13:20}
  19. That he would boldly declare the Truth of the Gospel {Acts 28:31}
  20. That he would grow spiritually through reading, studying and prayer {2 Peter 3:18}
  21. That he would have a humble, teachable spirit {Proverbs 15:33}
  22. That he would be full of patience and peace {Romans 14:19}
  23. That he would be quick to forgive {1 Corinthians 13 , Ephesians 4:32}
  24. His Heart {Proverbs 4:23}
  25. His Future {Psalm 119: 105}
Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the privilege to pray over Doc during the night. Thank You for giving me the privilege to be his wife. Father, I pray you will continue to guide him as he seeks your will. I pray you will continue to strengthen our marriage and our ministries. Lord, cleanse me today so I can be filled with more of You. Love on me in a way that I will feel Your presence at every turn in the day. I pray for many who are hurting in their marriages to find that You need to be the Center. I pray for those who are lonely and seeking a mate. Lord, I pray they will seek more of You. I pray for the ones who their mate has gone onto You to feel Your presence in their lives. Thank You for being the Center of Our Marriage. Amen.

No comments: