Monday, September 25, 2017

Romans 8:14-15 - "No Longer A Slave"


Sometimes we need to leave our comfort zone in order to do as the Lord asks of us. Some people are set in their comfort zones to the point they will not leave. Others are willing to step out as long as the Lord reassures them He is with them. He is always willing to do that. Yesterday when I realized I would be preaching my first thought was to pray and sit down to write the sermon God would give me. But He had other ideas. He told me to preach what He had given Doc to preach. I must admit I 'argued' a bit with Him on this. I have never preached something someone else wrote. I just didn't feel comfortable with it. Second of all, Doc thinks and writes so different than me. But then the Lord reminded me He was the author of that sermon...Doc was just the tool to present it. So I took a look at it, added notes here and there and asked Him to give me His words. I was at peace with the situation. I was definitely out of my comfort zone with using his sermon but I was at peace. I knew the Lord had everything under control. It was reassuring as the Sunday School lesson fit along with what I preached. It also was a confirmation as I had a couple people comment afterwards. God is so good! He is definitely the One to take us out of our comfort zones and encourage us in the process!

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead in this day. Thank You for the people You will put before me to love on with Your love. Thank You for cleansing me of anything not of You so You can fill me to overflowing with more of Your words, actions and attitude throughout this day. I pray for wisdom as I do my school work. I pray for empowerment throughout this day in a whole new way. Thank You for Mr. Eli being able to go to school today and Doc being able to go to work. Thank You taking me out of my comfort zone yesterday. Thank You for being My Guide. Amen.

No comments: