Friday, September 1, 2017

Matthew 5:6 - "You Lead"


I woke up this morning feeling so blessed by my Heavenly Daddy. Yesterday I won a bracelet in a door prize drawing at a little shoppe's event. When I came home I found out I won two tickets to an event for the Alzheimer's group that are valued at $65 each. But beyond that I feel blessed in the way the Lord is allowing me to start to feel more a part of my community. It seems like it was easier in Willard to get to know people because of it being a smaller place. Beaufort is so spread out over many different communities and across many miles. Therefore, it is more difficult. I am very blessed in the way my neighborhood has embraced me. There is a feel of family here. Yesterday I was blessed in being 'Grandma' to a family going through a difficult time. I picked up one little guy from school while Momma took the other one to Charleston for medical testing. I knew she was going to have a long, tiring day so I made dinner for them. I was so blessed in knowing I was a blessing to them. Walking into the little shoppe last night and seeing someone I knew blessed me again. The Lord knows I have the personality that needs people. He created me this way and continues to bless me with days like yesterday. Not everything went as I planned but it went the way the Lord planned. I missed doing something in school, I wasn't able to get my haircut and I didn't get my big school paper finished. All of these things were things that were not 'must dos' but just 'Sheila dos'. I am grateful I live in His Presence so He guides my days. I know of some things I want to accomplish today but once again I will do as He directs. I do know I am excited to see a couple teen girls from Willard who are down for the Marine graduation. Once again I am blessed.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for all of the blessings from yesterday and the blessings ahead in this day. Lord, wherever You lead I will go with a servant heart. Whatever You desire is what I desire. I am so blessed in knowing You are in control. Father, I pray for those who do not know You and for those who have slipped away from You. I also pray for those who know You but do not have a surrendered spirit to allow You to be their Guide. Father, I pray for Your healing touch upon Eli. Draw him and his family closer to You during these difficult days. Lord, fill me to overflowing with more of You so people see and hear You instead of me today. Thank You for being My Daymaker. Amen.

No comments: