Thursday, September 14, 2017

John 10:10 - "Old Church Choir"


Yesterday was exhausting as I tried to get the yard cleaned up before Doc got home from work. It wasn't done but there was a big dent in it when he got home. But then the boards had to come down off the windows. I helped for the first couple but did not think I could continue. What a blessing for the neighbor to come over and help. He told Doc I looked pretty tired. That was an understatement. I tried to continue helping but realized God provided him for a reason so I went inside and laid down. I was grateful I had put supper in the crock pot earlier in the day. As soon as we ate I showered, put on my jammies and laid down even though it was only 6:15. That is where I stayed for the evening. Reading and relaxing. I fell asleep soon after 10 only to be woke up by a chirping in the smoke detector. Mordecei is so afraid of that noise so I woke Doc to take care of it and I went back to sleep. I didn't even hear his alarm go off but woke up to him making noise this morning. I was mad he had not woke me because I was going to have to rush to get his breakfast ready before he left for work. We weren't communicating very well and that caused issues. Then I remembered the song the Lord woke me up to...

I've got an old church choir singing in my soul
I've got a sweet salvation and it's beautiful
I've got a heart overflowing cause I've been restored
No there ain't nothing gonna steal my joy


Duh! I need to remember these words every day but especially on days when the enemy tries to cause me problems. He sees my tiredness as an open door. I cannot allow that to happen! No matter how tired I am I have to stay on my guard against him. He does not belong in my life. God is the Only One to have a say for me. I thought of the towel Doc bought me in New Orleans and chuckled. 
The enemy better be afraid of me because I am not going to allow him any say-so in my day. Yes, I am exhausted and yes there is a lot that needs done today. But God is in control. If He tells me to rest, I will rest. If He tells me to get things accomplished, that is what will happen. But I refuse to listen to the enemy. He will only cause me issues. God will provide peace. God was the One to provide salvation for me. He was the One to provide restoration in my soul when I walked away. He is the One who provides joy in my spirit. Plain and simple. He is the One. The only way to continue having Him in my life is to stay focused on Him. That is my goal every day. Then, and only then, I will have His joy living in and through me. 

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for loving me so greatly that You remind me of things such as how to have Your joy. Thank You for giving me opportunities to see how You work in and through me. Thank You for Your supernatural strength that enabled me to accomplish what I did yesterday. Father, I am so tired but You already know that. I am physically and emotionally drained and need Your rest. I pray for an outpouring of Your Holy Spirit to come down upon me in a mighty way. I pray for You to be so very real to me that I do not miss any opportunity to be You today. Fill me to overflowing with more of You so You ooze out of my words, actions and attitude. Thank You Jesus for being My One and Only. Amen.

No comments: