Sunday, September 17, 2017

I Peter 1:16b - "In The Garden"


The Lord woke me up throughout the night to pray specifically for believers who are content with stopping at salvation, their pastors who need to listen to Him on how to lead them into living a sanctified life and their worship leaders who need to draw them to the altar through the music the Lord lays on their heart. He had me pray for people to get beyond themselves and realize life is not about what they desire but what He desires. Every time I woke up He had the words to this old hymn going through my mind...

I come to the garden alone,
While the dew is still on the roses,
And the voice I hear, falling on my ear,
The Son of God discloses.


The only way to hear His voice is to be in right relationship with Him. We may think we hear Him but we won't until we are completely surrendered to Him. We cannot sing these words unless He is Lord of Lords in our life...

And He walks with me, and He talks with me,
And He tells me I am His own,
And the joy we share as we tarry there,
None other has ever known.


Dear Jesus,
Thank You for giving me the privilege to pray throughout the night. I pray people will go to a corporate body of believers today where the pastor preaches what You gave them and the worship leaders have the freedom to do as the Holy Spirit leads. I pray for a willingness in the hearts of people in services today to follow Your lead. I pray for those who are on the fringe of surrender to take the plunge to living a life of holiness. Father, be my words and actions so people will see You through me. May they desire the joy I have through the life I live for You. Thank You for being My Lord of Lords. Amen.

No comments: