Friday, September 22, 2017

II Timothy 1:7 - "Oh My Soul"


Every time I was awake during the night these words were going through my mind...

Oh, my soul
You are not alone
There's a place where fear has to face the God you know
One more day, He will make a way
Let Him show you how, you can lay this down
'Cause you're not alone

These words reminded me of what the Lord told me Wednesday night in our group waiting time. He told me that as Doc and I begin this new year of marriage we need to make II Timothy 1:7 our verse to hold onto. Urgh was my first thought but then my second thought was God's got whatever is ahead. He knows what will happen today and tomorrow. We do not have anything to fear as we allow Him to be Lord of our lives. I took comfort in His words, "What is unknown to man is known to Me [God]." Praise His Holy Name!

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for having me in a relationship where not only do I hear You but I walk in obedience with You. Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead in this day. Thank You for prompting me to go back to make contact with the lady at the Sands yesterday. I pray for Your prompting on when to make further contact with her. Lord, be my words, actions and attitude today in a way that people will know You live in and through me. Be with those who are hurting physically, mentally, emotionally, financially and most of all spiritually. Thank You Jesus for being My Comforter. Amen.

No comments: