Sunday, September 10, 2017

Romans 8:12-13 - "This I Believe"


I prayed throughout the night and again this morning for pastors and worship leaders. At the beginning of Romans 8 Paul discusses the idea of living through the Spirit. One meaning of the word 'through' is 'in the midst of' and another is 'allowing continuous passage.' As I was praying I thought of verses twelve and thirteen that tell us we are not to live by our flesh but we are to live by the Spirit. When we allow the Holy Spirit to have 'continuous passage' within us, He will direct us and give us the strength to not live in our flesh. All believers need to live in this manner but especially leaders in the church. I prayed for pastors who are more concerned about finances to forget about who holds the purse strings in the church and think about their souls. Many people will go inside the doors of a church today who don't even realize they are not living the way God desires of them. They are oblivious to where they are headed. I prayed for boldness from the pulpit that will wake people up to what they need. I prayed for those who need to allow the Holy Spirit to have 'continuous passage' in their lives. The Lord prompted me to not just pray for the people in the pews but to pray for many pastors who are not living in this manner. He had me pray for pastors to not forget the call He placed upon their life to preach the Gospel. He had me pray for them to not think their position as pastor is to make people feel good but for their eternal state of being. He also had me pray for worship leaders who are living in the flesh instead of the Spirit. There are many who are being filled with the boasting from people instead of the Spirit.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for Your Spirit that has 'continuous passage' in me. Thank You for the opportunities You will give me today to be You to others. Father, You know the desires of my heart and I pray for them to come into existence in a mighty way. I pray for a cleansing in my spirit so I can do what You desire of me. Give me boldness with my words. Give me gentleness in my actions. Give me directness in my focus. Father, I am struggling with cognitive issues. I pray for Your healing touch upon this issue in my body. I pray against MS issues. I pray for Your empowerment over not just my physical body but most importantly over my spiritual body. Thank You Jesus for being My Continuous Passage. Amen.

No comments: