Thursday, September 21, 2017

Galatians 5:14 - "I Am Not Alone"


What a nasty night with issues of being awake. When we went to bed, I told Mordecei we had an early appointment so he needed to sleep all night. Instead he was up at 2:00 to go out and then woke me at 5:45. I was not a happy camper with getting woke up forty-five minutes before the clock went off until I remembered right before going to sleep I asked God to wake me up early if I was to do my devotions before the appointment. I also was disgusted with the physical issues during the night and was quickly told by Him that He needed me to pray. This is what I am trying to practice more...hearing His voice. So if He is speaking I need to not only hear it but I need to listen and be obedient. My prayers through the night were for those in my neighborhood. I know quite a few but there are still ones I need to get to know better. There are also ones I have not met yet. I prayed for...

  • those in the military, their spouses and children for protection and to have family time
  • the family dealing with a sick child
  • my dear ninety-four year old friend who is so lonely
  • the couple going through a time of adjustment with a baby born this summer
  • the couple with the husband being fairly new in his faith
  • the couple who recently bought the house next door as they prepare for their wedding
  • the teacher across the street to be filled with God as she is in the classroom every day
  • the family who do not want anything to do with God
  • the family getting ready to move to Texas
  • the ladies who will be moving back for the winter from Maine
  • the couple who recently moved back from Indiana for the winter
  • the elderly couple with health issues
  • the older man who moved here last spring and doesn't want to live here
  • the house full of construction workers
  • the house with two men who live here during the week and go home on weekends
  • the two sheriffs and two policemen for protection on the streets
  • the family caring for the adult daughter who had a stroke
  • the lady with the bad back who can no longer work
  • the family who moved in recently over on the next street
  • protection over the children and teens in sports and wisdom for them with school
I also prayed for the Lord to give me opportunity to show His love to not only those I know but also those I have not met yet. He laid one wife on my heart many months ago and I have yet to find an open door with her. I asked Him to provide one soon. I praised Him for Jack getting his cast off and Eli's test results giving them a plan to get him back to restored health. I prayed for all in my neighborhood to have the desire in their heart to be in relationship with Him. I also prayed He would give us open doors to enable them to do so. He reminded me that my 'neighbor' is not just those in my neighborhood. My 'neighbor' is anyone He puts me in contact with. The smile on the face of our waitress last night when I whispered to ask if her husband got out of jail was priceless. I few weeks ago when we stopped in we asked her how we could pray for her and her request was for her husband in jail. She was so grateful for our prayers and asked us to pray for wise decisions for her seventeen year old daughter who has decided to go into the Air Force. When we left, I hugged her and told her I loved her. She got tears in her eyes and said she loved us too. I do not know her other than when we stop in there to eat. But I do know God has put her in my path for a reason. Last night in group we were talking about how we all need to build relationships with people in order to show God's love to them. We cannot just walk up to someone and ask them if they die, will they go to heaven or hell and start preaching to them. That way would only work if God directed us to. The way to bring people to know the Lord is to live out His love. I pray my 'neighbors' see His love in and through me. I pray my words and actions will show His love in a way unknown to man. I also pray He will continue to impress upon me when His time is the right time.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the strength You will provide for me throughout this day on so little sleep. Thank You for the way You use me to pray for people. Some I know and others I have yet to meet. Father, be my words and actions so people see/hear You and not me today. Be my attitude if I start to get crabby with tiredness. Father, You heard my prayers throughout the night for those in my neighborhood. I pray protection to come down upon us. I pray for open doors in sharing Your love with all of them. Thank You Jesus for being The One I Love. Amen.

No comments: