Thursday, September 28, 2017

Psalm 13 - "He Is With Us"

"He is with us, He is with us, always, always..." These words give great comfort when going through life. No matter if we are on top of the mountain or down in the valley it is comforting to know we are not alone. Last night in group during our waiting time the Lord confirmed He gives peace to us during times where we are fearful or dealing with unknown things. Psalm 13 was the Scripture given to Doc...


David was lamenting in this Scripture. He felt like things were never going to change. He also felt like the Lord had left him. Sometimes that is how life feels. It seems like one thing after another happens to the point where we feel like we are never going to be 'normal' again. I don't even know what 'normal' is anymore. But I do know God is always with me. There are times it seems like He has left us but in fact He is just giving us a chance to learn a lesson, depend upon Him more, etc. Matthew Henry writes, "It is a common temptation, when trouble lasts long, to thing that it will last always. Those who have long been without joy, begin to be without hope. We should never allow ourselves to make any complaints but what drive us to our knees." On our knees is where we need to be whether on the mountain top or in the valley. Our times of despair will turn to joy as go to Him in prayer. He will fill our cup with hope in times of trials. He will provide us with wisdom when going through tough times. He will give us not only physical, mental and emotional strength but most of all He will give us spiritual strength. It is on our knees that we find the supernatural strength to continue on. David did not receive an answer in Psalm 13 but He did receive the empowerment to trust in the Lord and praise Him for all He had done for him. That is exactly what we need to do when we find ourselves feeling overwhelmed in life. Praising God enables us to see the bigger picture instead of being focused on all the 'junk' we are going through. The enemy does not like our praising the Lord. Therefore, if he is involved in our situation he run. 

I do not think it was a coincidence Doc was given this Scripture last night. I believe God knew we needed to be reminded of its words. I do not know what is ahead but I do know He is with us. Doc reminded me last night of what the Lord gave me last week about this next year. "What is unknown to man, is known to God." The Lord told me we are not to be fearful of what is ahead. Psalm 13 is another Scripture we need to tuck away in our hearts.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the way You prepare us for things to come. Thank You for the hope and peace You provide. Father, as I was reading Your word this morning one specific lady came to my mind. It seems like she has been hit over and over again with life changing events in her life over the last couple of years. The death of her mother, health issues in family members, etc. Lord, strengthen her faith. I think of another lady who deals with emotional/mental issues. I pray she will continue to be healed from these issues. My prayers are with a man who continues to grieve over the death of his wife and multiple health issues himself. There are so many people that come to my mind that feel beat up over circumstances of life. Father, fill their cup to overflowing with Your love, mercy and grace. Enable them to see the bigger picture. I pray the same for myself. Last night You told me to not allow distractions to take my focus off of You. Oh Father, enable me to concentrate on being focused on You. Sometimes my physical issues cause emotional issues which in turn cause mental issues. May You be my supernatural strength to overcome these issues. Thank You Jesus for being The One To Prepare Me. Amen.

No comments: