Friday, September 29, 2017

Luke 2:42 - "It Is Well"


God woke me up in the middle of the night with "Luke 10:42." I asked Him if I were to get up to read it because I wasn't sure about what it said. He told me to go back to sleep and read it this morning. I told Him He would have to give me recollection to remember what verse it was. This morning I wasn't sure if it were 2:42 or 10:42 so I looked up both. He reassured me it was 10:42. This is the story of when Jesus went to the home of Mary and Martha. Martha was busy 'doing' while Mary was sitting at Jesus' feet. Martha got upset with her sister and asked Jesus to tell Mary to help her. I'm sure His response was not what she was expecting! He let Martha know Mary was doing as she should be doing. I remember being in Martha's shoes many times when I felt like I was the only one 'doing' when others seemed to not be. It is good to have a servant heart but only if You are serving with the right perspective. It also is good to set an example for others. When I was 'doing' everything for everyone, I was not setting the right example. People need to see Jesus comes first and their needs come after. This was a hard lesson for me to learn in ministry. I am not good to anyone if my cup is not filled first by the Lord. This morning I started wondering about why He gave me this verse. Was it because I am failing in this area or is there someone else that needs to hear these words? Have I slipped back into bad habits? I don't believe I have but if so, I pray for forgiveness. I pray against men or the enemy stealing people's joy as they serve one another. I also pray He will become so real to people there will be no doubt what they need to do to put Him first in their life.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the story of Mary and Martha that taught me such a great lesson. Thank You for filling my cup to overflowing with more of You. May You continue to do so. I pray if I have fallen back into any bad habits You will forgive me. I also pray for others to learn the lesson You intended from this story. Open eyes to what You so desire. Open ears to what we all need to hear. Thank You Jesus for being My First. Amen.

No comments: