Saturday, September 16, 2017

Genesis 2:18 - "Cherish the Treasure"


God is so good and blesses me in abundance. He provides exactly what I need when I need it. A lot of times what I need is something as simple as time with my husband. Time where there are no other demands on life. It does not necessarily take money or not a lot of it has to be involved. Last night was a perfect example of how God provided time and it was for less than $25. A wonderful 2-3 hours of time with pizza, gelato and a walk at one of my favorite places by the waterfront. As we sat on the tailgate eating I thanked God for giving us this peaceful place to come to be renewed. I thought about how Judy Hawes told me of her and Jay going to the Lake to get away from the stresses of life and just sitting and talking. Doc was not in full-time ministry yet when we had the conversation so I could not fully understand what she was talking about. It seems like there is always something to do in ministry or an issue that needs dealt with. Prior to Doc being bi-vocational Fridays were my favorite day of the week because for the most part they were 'ours' to just be us. Now there are no 'our' days but we have to take snippets of time such as last night. I am reminded of Ecclesiastes 4 this morning, specifically verses nine through twelve...

Two are better than one,
    because they have a good return for their labor:
10 If either of them falls down,
    one can help the other up.
But pity anyone who falls
    and has no one to help them up.
11 Also, if two lie down together, they will keep warm.
    But how can one keep warm alone?
12 Though one may be overpowered,
    two can defend themselves.
A cord of three strands is not quickly broken.


These words say why it is important for a couple to have a marriage with God in the center. There is strength when a couple work together in the 'good' and 'bad' times of life. But when God is the center "A cord of three strands is not quickly broken." Woo hoo! Through the time of adjustment to our new life God has remained the Center. He has to be our Center in order to be our Strength. If we allow our guard down for even one second, the enemy will tear us apart. Instead we will stand firm in our faith and be who God has called us to be.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for giving me such a wonderful husband who is a godly man. Thank You for the way You prompt him to do things for me. Thank You for prompting me to do things for him that show I love him. I pray for more marriages to have you in the center. I pray for those who are newly married as they adjust to living as a couple. I pray for those who have been married for years to become more loving to one another. I pray for those who feel like there is nothing left in their marriage to seek You for a renewal. I pray for those who take advantage or abuse their spouse to realize the gift You have given them. Lord, forgive me when I do not support my husband the way You desire. Fill me with more of You so He will see and hear You through my words and actions. May people see our marriage and have the desire to have You in theirs. Thank You Jesus for being Our Center. Amen.

No comments: