Friday, July 1, 2016

Philippians 4:12 - "Blessings"

Yesterday was a day of blessings from start to finish. It is days like it that I wonder just how God can love me so greatly. But then I wonder if I was a blessing to anyone yesterday. I don't ever want to take advantage of the what the Lord blesses me with and forget to bless others. The Lord took me back to Philippians 4 this morning and specifically stopped me at verse twelve.


These words of Paul are crucial to remember in life. Sometimes the Lord blesses us with plenty just to see how we will react to it. Sometimes He blesses us to be in need to see if we will rely on Him instead of ourselves. Sometimes He blesses us for others to see. Where we are right now in life is a mixed bag of blessings. Yesterday was so full of blessings that there were many times tears of joy flowed.

  • Seeing the dolphin swimming just a few miles from home
  • Getting much accomplished in the garage and house
  • Choosing and applying for a new health insurance that is $29 less per month for what appears to be very similar coverage
  • Doc's sermon coming together so well
  • Answered prayers for my friend with her pathology results that the cancer was all removed
  • Answered prayers for my 'baby' with their car situation
  • Meeting my 92 year old neighbor who is from Wooster and I use to work for her sons
  • Finding the last 'missing' pieces and parts to our bed
  • Meeting the lady at the dry cleaners who knew where Willard is because she came from Holland, Ohio
  • Having a late-night conversation with a friend who just lost her mother and continues to deal with ill health with her mother-in-law
On the other hand, the Lord is challenging us with being away from our family and dear friends in Ohio. I am thankful He encourages me through blessings like yesterday. I also am thankful for pictures and memories that keep me going. I pray for His strength on tough days where I feel so lonely. I remind myself of the words Doc told our congregation before we left. He told them to think of us as missionaries they were sending out. I am grateful we aren't half-way across the globe, we have internet and we are only a day's drive from Ohio. I am also grateful people can come see us easier than if we were across the globe in some remote country. Most of all I am grateful to know we are living in His will.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for times of 'plenty' and times of 'need' that You provide. Yesterday when Doc told me to order whatever I wanted for lunch I struggled because I know until he finds a part-time job we have to be careful with what we spend. Father, I also know You are in control of every aspect of our life. You know what needs to happen and will bless our obedience in the process. If there are expenses to be cut instead of a part-time job, please give direction. I pray for the finances for my classes that will be starting again soon. I thank You the only book I have to buy is the least expensive one. I thank You for Roland who I was able to borrow a couple books from. I thank You for the way You continue to provide strength and finances. Lord, You have brought us here to this mission field to do Your work. I pray for open eyes, open minds and open ears for opportunities to be You in the way You desire. I pray for more of You to ooze out of me and to be seen/heard by all I meet. Thank You Jesus for being the One To Bless Me. Amen.

No comments: