Sunday, July 3, 2016

Philippians 4:23 - "My Desire"


The very last verse of Philippians 4 was written with love by Paul to the Church of Philippi. Paul loved them with Jesus love and showed that through his words and actions. The desire of my heart is to love as Paul loved. I pray each and every day to be filled with more of the Lord so He will work in and through me in a mighty way. My heart breaks for people who do not know Him but it really breaks for ones who 'know' Him yet are not living a life of surrender for Him. They are missing out in so many ways. Opportunities are missed by many because of living for themselves instead of the Lord. Today is Sunday. Many people will go to church today to fellowship with their church family. Unfortunately, there will be many who will make the choice to 'do something for themselves' instead of going to church. They will use the excuse they deserve it or they have worked hard all week so they need a break. There is no better 'break' to take than that of being with the Lord in His house with His people. That is where refreshment in our spirits will occur. That is where we will receive a filling in our spiritual tanks. God never takes a 'break' from us and I can't even imagine how He feels when people take a 'break' from Him. Many will argue that one doesn't have to go to church to be a Christian and I agree with that statement. But I also know going to church is a part of life that we all need to do. In Hebrews 10:25 the issue of people not going to church is addressed. Even then people were making the choice to not go to church. I am sure some would say I'm just on my soapbox on this issue. Perhaps I am. But it is what the Lord woke me up thinking and praying about this morning.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for putting the desire on my heart to love people in the way Paul showed Your love. Thank You for the opportunity to be with my church family today. Lord, I pray for those who know You yet will choose to stay home from church today. I pray they will hear Your voice and follow the direction given to be in church. Father, I pray for those who have been gone from church for a long time and are to embarrassed to go back. I pray for those who are seeking to go to church but don't know where to go. I pray for those who will be sitting in church services today to be blessed in abundance. I pray for Sunday School teachers, worship leaders and most of all for pastors to be You to all they come in contact with today. Thank You Jesus for being My Desire. Amen.


No comments: