Thursday, July 14, 2016

Ephesians 3:20-21 - "Give Me Your Eyes"


I just love how the Lord works! This morning He woke me up to a song Brandon Heath sings called "Give Me Your Eyes" and I was amazed at His timing! I know I should never be amazed at anything He does but at times I still am.

Give me Your eyes for just one second
Give me Your eyes so I can see
Everything that I keep missing
Give me Your love for humanity
Give me Your arms for the broken-hearted
The ones that are far beyond my reach
Give me Your heart for the ones forgotten

These words are my prayer this morning as I prepare to go minister to a group of children who need His love lavished on them greatly. Oh how I pray they see and hear Him through me. I also pray He will enable me to not miss any opportunity to share His love with them. Sometimes we can get so caught up in this world with 'doing' that we miss opportunities. The things we are doing may even be 'good' things but if they take our focus off of Him then they no longer are as effective. I want to be effective for the Lord. The desire of my heart is for souls to be won for Him. It does not have anything to do with me but rather it is all about Him. Woo hoo!

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for giving me Your eyes to see people who need You so greatly. Thank You for giving me Your love to pour out on them. Father as I go to be with these children would You please keep my focus on You so I don't miss any opportunity You put before me? Would You fill me to overflowing so You ooze out of me? Would You use me in a mighty way to bring You to these children? Father, thank You for this opportunity this morning. Thank You for using me as You work in and through me with the empowerment of the Holy Spirit. Thank You for being My Opportunity Maker! Amen.

No comments: