Thursday, July 21, 2016

Galatians 5:22-23 - "Ever Be"


"The Lord is more interested in how you react to what happens to you than in what happens to you." These words of Dr. Jerry Porter are thought provoking. As I was going through a series of phone calls yesterday morning trying to get medicine ordered, I became frustrated. I know my words were getting short with the people on the phone and a couple times with Doc. That was not how I was suppose to react. That was not how Jesus would have reacted. He would not have become frustrated to the point of a migraine. He would have reacted with the fruit of the Spirit. I reacted in my humanness. I failed and for that I am sorry. When our highest goal is to be like Jesus, we need to choose to allow tough circumstances to transform into spiritual gain. Easier said than done but with God it is possible.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the reminder of Dr. Porter's words. Thank You for giving second chances when we fail. Thank You for loving me so greatly. Father, I was so hoping the migraine would be gone this morning but it is right on the age of going full-blown again. I pray for a healing within my body....a total healing including not only my physical body but especially my spiritual body. I pray for more of You to flow in and through me. Lord, I am disappointed the day ahead is not what planned but enable me to bask in Your presence. Direct my steps and direct my words. Thank You Jesus for being My Savior. Amen.


No comments: