Friday, July 15, 2016

Ephesians 4:22-24 - "From The Inside Out"

In Ephesians 4 Paul gives instructions on living a life for Christ. He lays out a life lived for Christ very plainly. A couple verses stood out to me this morning as I read this chapter...

I love the last part of these verses. "...created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness." Woo hoo! God does not expect us to be anything He isn't. He does not expect us to do anything He wouldn't do. That is how we, as leaders in the church, should be. We should not expect people to live any different than we live. We must set the example of holy living if we expect others to live in that way. We should not expect people to do anything we won't do ourselves. In other words, if we are not willing to be sharing the Gospel freely then we should not question people if they are sharing freely. If we get caught up in 'stuff' that needs done 'in the church' then we cannot expect others to not do the same. To take it one step further, many leaders in the church live and breathe the church activities. If people see us doing that instead of being out in the world being Jesus to others, then we cannot be upset with them for getting caught up in worldly activities they are living and breathing. It all comes back to the part of these verses that reads, "...to be made new in the attitude of your minds;" I truly believe before God's Church will become the True Church there needs to be an attitude adjustment in leaders. Ouch...stepping on my own toes here but I am thankful the Lord took me to this particular passage this morning and particularly to these verses. The desire of my heart is to live a life of holiness myself but also to see the True Church come alive with believers being sold-out to Him.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for giving us the example on how to live a life pleasing to You. Thank You for Your grace when we don't live like You desire of us. Thank You for Your prompting when You have an opportunity for us to be You to others. Oh Father, You are so good! Lord, thank You for the opportunity to love on the kids yesterday. Thank You for the smiles and hugs You gave me through them. I needed my tank filled and You did it so greatly! Father, today is Doc's day off which is always one I look forward to. I praise You that even though it is a day off from regular ministry we never take a day completely off from loving on people with Your love. I praise You for giving me a heart for loving on people. Lord, I also praise You for the love You show me through people. May You be glorified in my words and actions today...may You be glorified in the way I share You today...may You be gloried in the way I accept opportunities You put before me today. Fill me to overflowing so people hear and see You through me. Thank You Father for being My Example. Amen.

No comments: