Saturday, July 30, 2016

Deuteronomy 11:18 - "Thy Will"


Sometimes...

  • I ponder on what God is doing in my life.
  • I look around and see people who desperately need the Lord's peace in their life and wonder if I am the one the Lord will use to enable them to accept Him.
  • I marvel at the things some people go through on this earth yet continue to go deeper in their relationship with the Lord.
  • I hurt for those who blatantly refuse to allow Christ to be in charge of their lives.
  • God is the Only One I can talk to about life.
  • life can seem so overwhelming when we don't allow Him to be in charge.
  • I sit and look at the nature around me and wonder how anyone could not believe in God the Creator.
  • I hear the sound of a child's laughter and yearn to see my 'babies' and their 'babies' laugh.
I am so blessed by the knowledge of His love, mercy and grace. He is so awesome in the way He fills my tank each and every day. I am so thankful for the way He knows exactly what I need. Last night was short with sleep. I prayed. I thought about 'stuff' and questioned some things. I cried out to the Lord for comfort. Finally, I got up. The Lord took me back to Deuteronomy 11 and stopped me at verse eighteen. As I pondered on this verse, I thought about how easy it is to give people verses when they are going through difficult times yet it is not always easy to grasp onto those verses myself when I need them. Sometimes it is very easy and I repeat them over and over. Other times I almost feel lost in the circumstance. I am so grateful for the times I embrace His Word.

When one is going through difficult times...James 1:2-3
When one feels like they can't go on...Philippians 4:13
When one questions their future...Jeremiah 29:11-12
When one is struggling with understanding their purpose in life...Romans 8:28
When one feels like they are all alone...Hebrews 13:5
When one feels like their life is out-of-control...Psalm 46:10
When one feels like our country is hopeless...II Chronicles 7:14
When one is making a decision...Proverbs 3:5-6
When one feels like a failure in pleasing people...Colossians 3:23-24
When one needs to feel hope...Romans 15:13
When one is afraid...II Timothy 1:7

I am also grateful for the way the Lord brings music into my heart. Sometimes it is to encourage me. Sometimes it is to bless me. Sometimes it is to enable me to see something differently. Sometimes it is to show His love to me. I am so blessed by "Thy Will" that Hilary Scott sings. I think because of knowing the reason behind the song it makes me appreciate it even more.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for all the ways You love me. Father, I am so blessed by You! Lord, I pray for a cleansing from my being of 'junk' that has found a way in. I am sorry for thoughts that were not of You that have crept into me. Lord, fill me to overflowing with You and not myself. The desire of my heart is for people to see and hear You in me. Lord, today is going to be a long day with the little sleep I had last night and all that needs accomplished today. I pray for Your blessings on my day. I pray for wisdom in my spirit. I pray for You to use me in a mighty way today. Thank You Jesus for being My Greatest Encourager. Amen.


No comments: