Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Ephesians 4:17-19 - "That's Why We Praise Him"


I woke up this morning singing....

That's why we praise Him, that's why we sing, 
That's why we offer Him our everything
That's why we bow down and worship this King, 

'Cause He gave His everything, 
'Cause He gave His everything.


"He gave His everything..." Yes, He did! He did not just die for us but He rose again! Woo hoo! The words to this song are so plain and simple. We need to praise Him because of all He did and continues to do in our lives. I praise Him for District Assembly....for the encouragement He gave through Dr. Porter and Dr. Eddie...for the bonding with our new friends...for the way He spoke to me through His Word...for the 'dream' He has put on my heart. Wow! He is so awesome! He definitely has given me lots of reasons to praise Him! Yesterday was a blessed day with coming home and finding mail that encouraged me greatly! My first piece of mail as Rev. Sheila R. Burrows with my first District License and a program from the service thanks to Crystal Browning; Card from Rhonda Lynch; "Destiny in a church bathroom" testimony from Sharon Foor; and a housewarming card and check from June Rogers!!! The Lord knew I needed encouragement and boy did He take care of it! I had not been on the computer much these last couple of days and when I got on I was so encouraged by these words by Dan Bohi...

"I'm not interested in selling fire insurance. I want to bring people into an encounter with a living, present Jesus. I want them to know His love and acceptance. I want them to know what He thinks about them. I want them to know there value and identity. If they get Jesus now, eternity will take care of itself."

Yes! His last words say it all..."If they get Jesus now, eternity will take care of itself." Not only will people live a different life when they know Him but they will in turn share Him with others. It goes back to what we were reminded of in District Assembly with discipling. As we disciple one they in turn will disciple one who in turn will disciple one.... God did not die for us just for us to have some fancy church building to run programs. He died for us so we can 'get our hands dirty' out in our community and replicate ourselves. Woo hoo! He died for us to be Him to others. We, as the church, must change our ways if we are going to be the most effective for Him. We, as individuals, must be in relationship with Him where we not only hear His voice but we follow it. We, as a church body, must be willing to leave the comfort of a building and get out into our community. We also must be willing to do things differently. The world is changing and so must the church. The Gospel does not change but the manner in which we present it needs to change. We have to get out of the mindset of "this is the way we have always done it" and get into the mindset of "Lord, open us up to new ways that You know will enable us to be You to many." 

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for District Assembly! Thank You for the way You spoke to me! There were some 'down' times for me with being in a new environment but as I look back on those times I truly believe the enemy was trying to stop me. He did not want me to hear what I heard. He did not want me to dream about what You have given me. I praise Your Holy Name that You are greater than the enemy! Oh Father, how I pray for You to open doors with this dream. I truly believe You have planted it in my mind and now I need to listen to You and bring it to reality. Father, direct my thoughts. Direct my steps. Direct my words. Fill me to overflowing with more of You. I will greatly praise You throughout this time and I pray You will be blessed through my obedience. Woo hoo! Thank You Jesus for being My Dream! Amen.

No comments: