Friday, July 8, 2016

Ephesians 3:16-19 - "Tell Your Heart To Beat Again"


5:43 AM...the Lord woke me up to pray for a young wife who is watching her husband leave this earth. I can't imagine being married just a few weeks to find out your spouse had little time to live. This last year has been one of so many tough days for them. The family was called in earlier this week so he may have already left them. I am sure there are many who are questioning the Lord as to 'why?' this had to happen. I know I would be if I were in their shoes. It's OK to question Him. It's even OK to get angry and scream at Him. He created us with such emotions so He expects it. We just need to remember not to stay in such anger. Anger leads to bitterness. Bitterness leads to leaving a relationship with the Lord. That in turn will take us away from living in eternity with Him. I continue to pray for Courtney and her family. I pray for peace in the time of this storm. I pray for strength in the Lord for them. I pray for the days ahead when she will wake up alone. I pray for financial concerns. The words to a song called "Tell Your Heart To Beat Again" that Danny Gokey sings were in my heart this morning. This song doesn't make sense because we can't tell our heart to physically begin to beat again. But we can enable it to spiritually beat again by accepting the Lord. He can take our hurts and bless us in abundance through them. Gokey did not write this song but I wonder if it had special meaning for him since he lost the love of his life. I pray for all who have lost someone special to think about these words...

Let every heartbreak
And every scar
Be a picture that reminds you
Who has carried you this far
'Cause love sees farther than you ever could
In this moment heaven's working
Everything for your good


These words are hard to grasp when going through the loss of a loved one. But the Lord is right there with us in 'good days' and in 'bad days'...no matter what is happening. His love will enable us to get through. His love will cover us with peace. But first we have to accept His love.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the privilege to pray for Courtney and her family this morning. Father, I don't know if he has taken his last breathe on this earth or not but I pray for Your love to overtake them in a mighty way. I pray Your love will encompass them in a way there will be no doubt it is You that is giving them strength for these tough days. Father, I also pray for more of You in myself so people will see and hear You through me. I pray for You to lead me today to touch hurting people. Open my eyes to opportunities to be You to others. Thank You Jesus for being The One To Love Me. Amen.

No comments: