Saturday, July 2, 2016

Philippians 4:19 - "You Love Me Anyway"

I woke up this morning with a song Sidewalk Prophets sings called "You Love Me Anyway" and immediately was blessed in knowing Jesus loves me no matter what. He is not like a human who we hurt and they turn from us. He is not like someone who doesn't like something we say or do so He goes 'up a miff tree' and ignores us. He does not get angry with us to the point of lashing out and hurting us with His words or actions. No, He is a loving Father who takes us in His arms and disciplines us when needed and encourages us through tough times. We don't deserve His love but our Heavenly Father lavishes it on us anyway. This morning as the Lord took me back to Philippians 4 He stopped me at verse nineteen.


One thing that stuck out to me in this verse was the way Paul uses the term 'my' when speaking of God. That shows a personal relationship with God. That one little word speaks volumes for the way Paul lived a surrendered life for the Lord. He lived a '24/7' type of life which is what I strive to live. He was grateful for the way God had provided for him but as I read this chapter I see where He was mostly grateful for the way people had listened to the Lord. In thinking on that, I started thinking of so many times when people would show Jesus' love to me. Yes, it was nice to have physical needs/wants provided but most importantly it was nice seeing people 'getting it' when it came to living as Jesus desires of us. A life of surrender is one where listening to Him is an automatic thing to do. But it takes more than just listening. We must follow the direction He gives no matter if it makes sense or not. It takes deep faith to live a life of surrender. "You Love Me Anyway" is a song about living a life committed to Him. I love the words of Dave Frey about this song. "The song is said to embody confiding in Jesus Christ notwithstanding trepidation and skepticism, and saluting Jesus Christ first as Jesus Christ did for people." Wow!

Dear Jesus,
Thank You all the ways You show Your love to me! Thank You for guiding me down this 24/7 type of life! Thank You for meeting all my needs! Thank You for blessing me so tremendously! Lord, I so desire more of You to flow in and through me so people will see You in me. The desire of my heart is for people to not only come to know You through me but to come to know a 24/7 type of life through my example. Fill me to overflowing with more of You so people will not see or hear me but rather You. Father, guide me today to speak Your words and have Your actions. Thank You Father for being My 24/7! Amen.


No comments: