Monday, July 4, 2016

Jude 17-19 - "Exhale"


These words from "Exhale" that Plumb sings were in my head when the Lord woke me up several times during the night. I started praying for Him to reveal to me who needed to hear them.

Just let go let His love wrap around you
And hold you close
Get lost in the surrender
Breathe it in until your heart breaks
Then exhale
Exhale

This is one of the hardest things to do but it is also something that is most rewarding. When we allow God to be God and give Him total control, life changes. I love the words 'Get lost in the surrender...' Woo hoo! There is no better way to live than in surrender. The song continues...

Oh God We breathe in your grace
We breathe in your grace
And exhale
Oh God we do not exist for us
But to share Your grace and love
And exhale

Yes! We must allow His grace to work in and through us if we truly want to live the life He desires of us. We also must realize the purpose of our life is not about us but rather about Him. Our purpose on this earth is not to live 'x' amount of years, have 'x' amount of children, work at a certain job, etc. No, our purpose is to be who Jesus wants us to be. That may include doing things we aren't comfortable with, going places we aren't familiar with, talking to people we don't know, etc. It also means we need to be ready at all times to live out what He puts before us. Is it scary to live such a life? Nope. Because when one lives such a life the Lord is in control. The humanness is no longer in control. This way of life is such a blessing. My heart breaks for people who know the Lord yet refuse to allow Him total control of their life. Jude reminds us about such people in verses seventeen through nineteen. He describes them as 'scoffers' and for many believers they would deny they fall into this category. But if one is not surrendered to the Lord that is what they are. If one is not surrendered to the Lord, they cannot have the Spirit living in them. If one is not surrendered to the Lord, then they are being selfish by living for themselves instead of living as He desires of them.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for waking me numerous times throughout the night to pray. Father, I pray the one You told me to for will have someone in their life today that will open their eyes to the way they are living. I pray someone will say or do something to get them to see a life of surrender is what You desire of them. Father, I pray they will read what You put on my heart and begin to ponder on this type of life. I pray protection over their family. I pray before You return they will come into a life of surrender. Lord, thank You for giving me the desire to live a surrendered life. Thank You for the way you direct my steps and my words. Thank You for Your grace that enables me to live such a life. Fill me with more You...the desire of my heart is for people to hear and see You in me. Thank You for being The One I Am Surrendered To. Amen.

No comments: