Saturday, July 9, 2016

Zechariah 13:9 - "Diamonds"


This morning the Lord woke me to these words that Hawk Nelson sings...

He's making diamonds, diamonds
Making diamonds out of dust
He is refining in his timing 
He's making diamonds out of us

I like this idea! When I think of a diamond, I think of beauty. I think of how the greater the clarity of the diamond increases it's worth. According to an on-line dictionary the meaning of clarity is: 
  • the quality of being easily understood
  • the quality of being expressed, remembered, understood, etc., in a very exact way
  • the quality of being easily seen or heard
Yes! The desire of my heart is to for people to see the Lord working in and through me. Yesterday morning right after I finished my devotions I had two prayer requests come in from friends in Ohio. Then later in the day another request came through. In two of the requests the people said they knew they could count on my prayers. It wasn't long after my time yesterday morning that I found myself needing prayer. It seemed like boom, boom, boom there were some major things happen in our home. I didn't know how to pray and I asked others to prayer for an unspoken. Things are not completely 'fixed' but God is in control and most of all there were blessings from Him through these difficult things. He reminded me that He didn't bring us here to fail but He brought us here for a reason. We are still waiting on His reason to be revealed but we know we are exactly where we are to be. I also believe the trials of this week were allowed by the Lord to see how we would react. These words are ones I need to remember...

Oh the joy of the lord
It will be my strength
When the pressure is on
He's making diamonds

There is prophecy about the suffering Jesus would go through in Zechariah 13. Specifically verses seven through nine talk about how His disciples left Him when He was betrayed. Many believers make the decision to leave Him when life gets tough. Yesterday was a day full of tough stuff but we made the choice for life (Jesus) not death (the enemy). Verse nine is prophetic in who will be with Him when He returns to this earth. It will be those who make the choice of life. Only those who stand up to the fire of the refining will be with Him in the end. He was glorified through our choice yesterday but most importantly He will be glorified in our choice for eternity.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for making "diamonds out of us"! Thank You for the trials that You have been so very real through this week. Father, once again I pray for more of You. I pray for You to ooze out of me in such a way that there will be no doubt You are the One in control of my life. Father, give me more clarity in my life. Thank You for the blessings of yesterday! Thank You for the promises in Your Word that You are always there for us. Thank You for being My Refiner! Amen.

SaveSave

No comments: