Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Ephesians 3:10-11 - "Slow Fade"


"Slow Fade" by Casting Crowns was the song the Lord gave me this morning. Specifically these words...

Its a slow fade
When you give yourself away
Its a slow fade
When black and white are turned to gray


This song was written about marital faithfulness but we can apply it to all aspects of our life. God speaks in His Word about what we are and are not to do while on this earth. When we follow His Word, we will spend eternity with Him. If we make the choice to go into 'gray' areas, we are subjecting ourselves to eternity in hell. His Word is very explicit in some areas of life but there are some areas that we have to dig into His Word to grasp what He desires of us to practice. In Jesus' time on this earth He dealt with the Pharisees over and over as they challenged Him. In today's time we have modern-day Pharisees among us that not only challenge His Word but twist and bend it to fit their life. Compromise should not be a part of living out His Word. Jesus stood up against the Pharisees many years ago just as we, as believers, must stand up against them today. That does not mean we do not love them. Actually, standing up against them shows we love them greatly. It also does not mean we should give into them or allow them to make their own decisions. As the Lord leads us to bring things to light, we must be obedient. If we fail to be obedient, we are also facing going to hell instead of spending eternity with Him. If we make the choice to tell 'one little white lie' to make ourselves feel better, we are doing the same thing the modern-day Pharisees are doing as they live in 'gray' areas. 

In Ephesians 3:10-11 Paul's focus to the Church of Ephesus was what they needed to share the Lord's wisdom as He directed them to do. We, as the church, need to do the same. We need to stand up against 'gray' living and stand up for what the Lord calls all to do by living according to His Word. Jesus' death on the cross already took care of God's purpose. Now we need to have the faith to carry out His purpose. Woo hoo! The war has been won and He is equipping us with His Word to fight the daily battles while on this earth. We need to put on the full armor of God (Ephesians 6) each and every day as we strive to carry out His purpose.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for loving me enough to not only die for my sins but to enable me to have a purpose on this earth! Thank You for the armor of God that I put on daily to fight the battles put before me! I pray for more of You to ooze out of me so more battles are won through You in me! I am so grateful for all You do for me! Thank You for Your protection on the roads yesterday! Thank You for the confirmation of my new health insurance! Thank You for the messages from friends in Ohio that encouraged my heart greatly! Father, You know I am disappointed in not being in the service tonight. Would You please soothe my soul and take away my disappointment? Would You love on me in a great way today as I deal with this emotion? Thank You Jesus for being My Full Armor! Amen.


No comments: