Monday, July 18, 2016

Ephesians 4:22-24 - "Clean"



The Lord woke me up with "Clean" that Natalie Grant sings...

Washed in the blood of Your sacrifice
Your blood flowed red and made me white
My dirty rags are purified
I am clean

Woo hoo! Yes! We are clean through the blood of Christ! There is such freedom through Him. He takes our lives and rebuilds them when we allow Him to do so. He restores us to a place of peace instead of living in a state of chaos. The desire of His heart is to make us "clean" so we can fulfill the purpose He has for us on this earth. The coolest part about being made "clean" through Christ is knowing He is there to keep us "clean" through a relationship with Him. We must stay close to Him in order to hear His Voice. We must be sold-out to Him in order to know what He desires for us. Some people find it hard to comprehend how that is possible but once you surrender to Him it is so easy. There is so much freedom through surrender. I go back to Paul's writing in Ephesians 4 this morning and stop at verses twenty-two through twenty-four. When we turn from our "old self" and allow the Lord to make us "new" then we will be "clean"! Sometimes it takes a while to get completely "clean" but it will happen IF and WHEN we allow Him to work in and through us. It is hard to comprehend how our past can be just that...our past. But when we allow the Lord to cleanse us He wipes our slate clean. We no longer have to think about it. Yes, others may still bring it up but when they do we can testify as to how the Lord has cleansed us. 

I see shattered
You see whole
I see broken
But You see beautiful
And You're helping me to believe
You're restoring me piece by piece

God is so good! Not only does He cleanse us but He enables us to see we are worth something to Him in a world that gives little worth to people. He builds us up when the world tears us apart. Why would anyone want to continue in worldly ways when the ways of Christ are so awesome? Many continue because they do not know of His way. That is where we come into play. We must be sharing Him if we want others to come into relationship with Him. If we don't share Him, we are failing in our responsibility as a believer.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the reminder that this morning that my past is just that...my past. Thank You for accepting me back, forgiving me, cleansing me, restoring me....plain and simple for loving me enough to die for me. You are so awesome! Lord, I pray for more boldness in my words. I pray for more of You to flow in and through me. I pray for an abundance of You to be in my words and actions. Thank You for the message from Lee yesterday that encouraged my heart greatly. Lord, I pray for continued blessings to be upon us during this time of transition. I pray for more of Your plan to be revealed to us. Lord, thank You for being My Cleanser. Amen.

No comments: