Sunday, July 17, 2016

Ephesians 4:32 - "Forgiveness"


This morning the last verse of Ephesians 4 hit me in the face. Wow, God! That last part is crucial in how we are to forgive others. "...just as in Christ God forgave you." When Jesus died on the cross, it was for all mankind. The sins of people who had never been born yet were taken care of through His act of obedience to His Father. I was sharing my story with one the other day and made mention the person who violated me has never apologized. Through counseling and many years of praying I have been able to forgive him even through he has not asked for forgiveness. It hit me as I read this verse our Heavenly Father forgave us before we asked for forgiveness. That is the type of love we are to have in us. That is the type of love that enables me to forgive even when people do not ask for forgiveness. That is the type of love that gives me a heart to pray for such people. That is the type of heart that goes beyond 'worldly ways' and looks to 'heavenly ways'!

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for loving me so greatly that You died on the cross for my sins. Thank You for giving me a heart like Yours to love on people. Thank You for filling my tank to overflowing with more of You each and every day. Father, I am a little apprehensive about this day. I woke up wiped out in my physical body which in turn causes issues in my mental and emotional body. Would You please give me an extra dose of You to 'do' this day? Would You please enable me to think and speak clearly today? Would You please be honored and glorified through me today? Father, I know I can't 'do' this day on my own strength but it will be only accomplished in Your strength. Thank You for being My Strength. Amen.


No comments: