Thursday, July 28, 2016

Deuteronomy 11:16-17 - "Thy Will"


Sometimes I wonder about how people can be swayed away from the Lord to believe 'junk' of this world. It amazes me how much power the enemy can have on people. When the enemy finds a weakness, he pounces on it. In Deuteronomy 11 Moses gives words for all to live by. In verses sixteen and seventeen He writes about what will happen if one turns away from the Lord. Sometimes when the enemy gets ahold of someone it is for them to be taken into an occult type situation. Sometimes it is the god of money that entices people away from a relationship with the Lord. Sometimes it is the person themselves that become more important than the Lord. It does not matter what the reason is. If something pulls one out of relationship with the Lord, then there will be consequences to follow. The saying "God is responsible for our obedience" is so very true. Our loved ones are not responsible when we fall out of relationship with Him. Our pastor is not responsible when we choose to worship another god. Only the Lord has the responsibility to bring us back into relationship with Him. Yes, we need to pray for such people but we are not to worry or fret over them. God will work on their hearts. When they surrender back to Him, there will be rejoicing not only on this earth but also in heaven. 

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the reminder this morning to pray for those who have fallen away from You. I also am praying for those who are in relationship with You but have not yet surrendered fully to You. Oh how I pray they will find Your peace. I see people still holding onto their selfish ways and the pain that causes them. It breaks my heart. I pray for the time for them to let go and allow You full reign into their lives. Lord, I am praying for family members of those who have taken a different road than one with You. I am praying they realize it is not up to them to save their loved ones. Their role is to keep loving on them, never quit praying for them and maybe the most important role is for them to believe You will bring them back in Your time. Father, today is a new day. I pray for more of You to fill me up so people will see and hear You in me. I pray for an abundance of boldness in my spirit today. I pray for no opportunity You put before me to go unseen. Lord, thank You for being My Peace. Amen.

No comments: