Thursday, June 30, 2016

Philippians 4:1 - "Remember"


These beginning words of Paul in the fourth chapter of Philippians speak volumes to me this morning. The Lord woke me up with the song "Remember" several times during the night. There are so many people who need to 'remember' what the Lord has done for them as they go through difficult days. Even when the enemy tries to convince them the Lord is not there for them, He is. We must "stand firm in the Lord" as Paul writes about in this chapter.

Down in the valley, when waters rise
I'm still believing, hope is alive
All through the struggle and darkest day
I'll remember the empty grave

Yes! We must 'remember' He not only died for us but more importantly He rose from the grave to live for us! Woo hoo! That is so exciting! My God is not dead! He is alive in and through me! As the song continues....

Your touch
Bringing me closer
Your hand
Healing what's broken
My prayer
Father, meet me here
My life for all of your glory
Your grace, let it surround me
Let faith change the atmosphere

Yes! "My life for all of your glory..." When we 'remember' to live in a way that He will be glorified, He and us will be blessed. I am praying for many today who need to 'remember'...

  • my pastor friend who will receive pathology results today
  • many churches that are struggling and ready to close the doors
  • a man who has found himself spending his last day in his home with uncertainty of where he will lay his head down tonight
  • a recovering alcoholic who is struggling with addiction being so great
  • two of my family members who are dealing with cancer
  • those in West Virginia who are dealing with the loss of not only material things but of hope in their spirit
  • a husband dealing with a health issue in his wife
  • a young lady with asthma who continues to smoke even though she can't breathe
  • a Momma who is dealing with a young child who had surgery and in pain
  • a young wife seeing her husband pass from this earth
Dear Jesus,
Thank You for giving me this song to remind me to 'remember' and to pray for others to do the same. Father, I pray for believers to share their story so others will come to know You. I pray for people who need to 'remember' what You have done for us to do just that today. Lord, may You fill me to overflowing so all of my words and actions will be Yours today. Father, I pray for my husband as today is the day to bring all of his work together into what You desire of him to preach Sunday. Father, bless His efforts in a mighty way. Lord, I'm not sure what all You have in store for me today but I pray I will be a blessing through You to many. Thank You for being My Savior! Amen.

No comments: