Saturday, June 15, 2019

II Timothy 1:7 - "Resurrecting"


I knew it was going to be a short night with having to set the clock early due to getting up for the Parking Lot Sale. I was awake multiple times looking at the clock. It seems like when I have to set the clock that happens. When I awoke at 4:00, I asked God if I were to get up to do my devotions. I didn't get an answer so I thought I would lay another half hour and if I were to get up, He would wake me. It was thirty-five minutes later when I woke again. I felt like I could not get up, I asked God again and no answer. This is so unusual for me to not hear Him. I thought about the sermon last night where he talked about how we need to be in relationship with God to be able to hear His voice. My first thought was, 'Oh no, have I done something to fall out of relationship with God?' Then I heard His voice, 'Daughter, I love you and no you have not. You are physically drained. Rest in me not only means emotional rest but it also means physical rest. Let me have your physical rest.' Alrighty then. What does that look like? How do I give Him my physical rest? I pray before I go to sleep. I pray when He wakes me to pray. Prayer is a big part of my life, especially at night. If I am listening to Him and praying at night, I am awake a lot of nights multiple times. Maybe my physical rest is not night time. Maybe it is that I need to give Him time throughout the day for it. I need to do some more pondering and praying on this. He reminded me that I do not have to fear but instead need to stand in His strength. He also gave me the song "Resurrecting" throughout the night. These words were going through my mind every time I was awake.

By Your spirit I will rise
From the ashes of defeat
The resurrected king
Is resurrecting me
In your name I come alive
To declare Your victory
The resurrected king
Is resurrecting me

Yes! God resurrected me many years and continues the process every day. He brought me out of a life of sin to live for Him. He desires for me to live. That is why He had His son die on the cross for me. There is victory in such living. There is a part in the song that says victory is in the name of Jesus and we need to praise Him. I praise Him for not only raising me up from a life of sin but for giving me a pure heart of love for Him to share. I praise Him for seeing us through the mountains and valleys of life. I praise Him for being with us through my MS diagnosis and breast cancer diagnosis and now seeing us through Doc's pancreatic cancer diagnosis. I am standing on the words of this song, "By Your spirit I will rise...From the ashes of defeat." I refuse to be defeated because my God was and is not defeated. There is nothing that can take me away from Him. I refuse to allow the enemy to his way in my life. These are words that cause the enemy to fight harder but that's OK because God is raising me up to be His Daughter who is strong in Him. He is raising me up to stand in victory. Woo hoo!

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the opportunities You presented to me yesterday and the ones ahead in this day! Father, I need Your physical strength for this morning in a mighty way. I pray for a cleansing in my spirit so You can fill me with more of You. Lord, continue to guide me with giving You my physical rest. Open my eyes to exactly what You want me to understand about this. Today, I pray for workers for the sale and for generous buyers. I pray for the enemy to be knocked down in some situations that have already came to light. Lord, I pray for Your touch upon Doc as he was struggling last night and throughout the night. May Your healing be in his body. I also pray for a touch upon Jeannie who has been hospitalized and for John who continues his battle. I pray for Your soothing balm to be with Annie and Donna who have lost sisters this week. There are so many people hurting that I pray for a healing touch for. May You be greater than what they are going through. Thank You Jesus for being My Victory! Amen.





No comments: