Thursday, June 27, 2019

II Timothy 1:7; Psalm 91 - "Forgiven"

 

Last night was a tough night for Doc with having multiple effects from the chemo treatment he had yesterday. I felt so helpless with not being able to help him with his pain and agony. I was awake multiple times with him and prayed for him each time to have relief. This is the hardest thing I have ever gone through. After the treatment we prayed with the nurse. When she found out I had gone through breast cancer, she said she didn't know how we did it. I told her it was only through God. She remarked she didn't know how people got through life without Him. I have said that many times. If I didn't have Him, I wouldn't survive. Throughout the night when I was awake these words from the song "Forgiven" that Crowder sings were going through my mind...

God, I fall down to my knees
with a hammer in my hand
You look at me, arms open
Forgiven! Forgiven!
Child there is freedom from all of it
Say goodbye to every sin
You are forgiven!


Yes! The freedom Crowder sings of in this song is only available to those who accept Him into their hearts and live for Him. Jesus died for all of us. His death wiped away all our sins. He didn't just die on the cross but three days later He rose again and lives! Woo hoo! I loved it Tuesday night when I was playing Bible trivia with the children and teens and asked the question 'Why did Jesus die on the cross?' One of the teens gave an answer about Him dying for our sins. Little six year old Gavin piped up and said, 'Ms. Sheila he didn't stay dead. He rose up from the grave.' Woo hoo! I love what they take in and remember. I remember when Gavin was three and a half and talking to me about the Bible. His Momma was teaching him then about it. I believe that is one of the reasons he knows so much now. He has a solid foundation. I am so grateful for parents who realize the importance of giving their children that. I am grateful for parents who want nothing to do with church yet send their children to Activity Night with us. I am grateful for the way the children and teens are sponges in learning. I also am grateful for Rhonda who cooks for Tuesday night, Carrie and Chris who help us, Krista and Tiffany who provide food when asked, and for the way God provides open doors for this ministry. Many children have accepted the Lord through the efforts of all of us. When we realized Doc was not going to be able to drive the church bus, it was hard to think about this ministry being stopped. I am so grateful we have been able to keep it going even though it is in a different way. I am grateful for the way God has opened the door for our church to be represented in the apartment complex besides the monthly cook-out. I am grateful for the way parents have brought those who used to be picked up by the bus. It amazes me how God continues to bless us in ministry. I know it shouldn't but it does. He brought us to Beaufort, South Carolina to make a difference and I believe we have done so and will continue to do so. He has given us peace throughout many obstacles that have come our way. Just as this song says, "there is freedom" in living for Him. I want all to experience such freedom. Not everyone is open to God. I was taken aback yesterday when I asked a lady if I could pray for her since she was in such pain and distress and she told me 'no!' But the story did not stop there. I went back to my seat and prayed silently for her and the nurse. She immediately settled down. A little while later the nurse came over to me and thanked me. She asked if I prayed for the lady even though she refused me and I told her I had. She said she could tell because the lady had calmed down so drastically. God was seen in that situation. Woo hoo! Perhaps that is why we are at the infusion center. Perhaps God needed His presence to be known and knew we would walk in obedience to Him. I asked God before going over to the lady and it was no surprise to Him that she said no. He knew that would not stop me from praying. He knew He would be seen even though there was no outward praying. Plain and simple, He knew. Woo hoo! Yesterday morning when I prayed for Him to cleanse me so I could be filled with Him, I also prayed for Him to be my words, actions, and attitude. He forgave me through the cleansing and filled me. If I would not have prayed in that manner, I may not have seen that opportunity for Him to be seen through me. Some think being one to walk in obedience puts constraints on your life. It is just the opposite. Walking in obedience to God gives freedom that can only be found when we die to self and allow Him to work in and through us. Woo hoo! It allows you to walk without fear but instead with His strength and wisdom (II Timothy 1:7). Yesterday if I would not have been walking in obedience to Him, I would have been crushed when the lady told me 'no' to praying with her. Instead I walked backed to my chair and prayed silently with confidence. The last verses of Psalm 91 come to my mind this morning...

“Because he has set his love upon Me, therefore I will deliver him;
I will set him on high, because he has known My name.
15 He shall call upon Me, and I will answer him;
will be with him in trouble;
I will deliver him and honor him.
16 With long life I will satisfy him,
And show him My salvation.”


Dear Jesus,
Thank You for Your love that constantly showers me with more of You. Thank You for yesterday that was full of opportunities to have You ooze out of me. Father, I am physically tired and have a long day ahead. Would You come down upon me and fill me with more of You? Would You cleanse me so You can fill me so people will see/hear You instead of me? Would You give me an extra dose of Your supernatural power to not just get through this day but to thrive? Lord, I pray for Doc to have less effects from the chemo today. I pray You will be an encouragement to Him. I pray You will empower him to rest in You. Lord, He needs a miracle. I don't know if You are going to provide it through these treatments or miraculously but however it is would you please do it sooner than later. Open him up to whatever You have in store for him. I also pray for my Momma who is undergoing tests today and Sharon's Momma who needs a physical touch. I also pray for my friend with marital problems to have Your strength as she gives tough love. Thank You Jesus for being Our Salvation! Amen.


No comments: