Friday, June 14, 2019

II Timothy 1:7; Psalm 46:10 & 34:7; Matt 19:26; Ex 14:14; Pro 3:5-6; Isaiah 41:10 - "Battles"


Yesterday was one of those days where I felt the Lord's presence in such a way that I had tears throughout the day. During my time with Him before I started the day Psalm 46 was what He had me ponder upon. Specifically chapter forty-six, verse ten. Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth! I thought about how Sister Diane told me years ago of focusing on the first part of this verse for a week during a time of retreat. Each day she focused on a new part of the verse.

Day 1: Be
Day 2: Be still
Day 3: Be still and know
Day 4: Be still and know that I am
Day 5: Be still and know that I am God

God reminded me that I committed to having a day of solitude and silence with Him in the month of June. Life has been so crazy with Doc's diagnosis that it never got scheduled. But I still have time. All I have to do is get it on the calendar. That will be a challenge but Jesus  tells me in Matthew 19:26, With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible. Therefore, it can and will be accomplished! I loved hearing Dr. Gunter again last night. Once again, I am so thankful for the internet to experience Family Camp. It is not the same because we don't have interaction with others but at least we can 'participate' in worship and hear the message. She shared how one time she was going through a tough period in life after leaving South Carolina and following God's call to Kansas City. She asked her husband if they could return to their beach home for a few days to pray and spend some devoted time with God. They prayed and prayed but she had not received peace so she told him to go onto bed and she continued to pray. At 2:30 in the morning God gave her Psalm 46:10. She argued with God and told Him she was not a 'be still' kind of gal. He continued to say 'be still' to her until she basked in His presence. Woo hoo! Yesterday morning the combination of Psalm 46:10 and then Exodus 14:14 put before me twice in less than two hours was no coincidence. When you put the two together, you get...

God will fight the battle for you. And you? You keep your mouths shut! (MSG)
Surrender your anxiety! Be silent and stop your striving and you will see that I am God. (TPT)

Wow, God! I stressed for a couple days trying to get Doc's chemo scheduled. Wednesday after the chemo when we went to make next week's appointment we were told they couldn't make it until they received the doctors orders. That won't happen until we see the doctor next Wednesday which means chemo will probably not happen on Wednesday. That is the 'perfect' day in the schedule because it gives him time to rest up for Sundays. Yesterday when I woke up I started wondering who to call to try to get things changed. I knew the doctor didn't have any earlier appointments because we had already gone through that. I decided I would call the infusion center and ask for direction. Then God brought Exodus 14:14 to my mind twice from two different sources. When I read it in The Message, He told me to keep my mouth shut! So I did not make any calls yesterday. I asked God for His will and His timing to be revealed. When I heard Dr. Gunter give Psalm 46:10 last night, it confirmed I needed to see God be revealed through this process. I do not have to fret over anything when I give it to the Lord. In The Passion Translation, I am told to "surrender" my anxiety. I give everything over to Him with these chemo treatments. I believe He is going to use these treatments to shrink the tumor to nothing so there will not even have to be surgery. Woo hoo! I was reminded by a friend yesterday of who Jesus is in my life...

I have a close friend that just happens to be the greatest physician in the entire universe. His name is Jesus. He has helped so many people thru the darkest of storms and He has agreed to see me thru mine on His terms, and assured me that we would be closer than ever. Jesus said that I need to have faith and trust Him completely because 'He's got this.' He also gave me a life preserver (Ps. 34:17, Proverbs 3:5-6, Isaiah 41:10) that fits like a glove, and to NOT take it off as it would better equip me through the darkest of the storm and it was crucial for survival. He also said that I would not be alone and that He would be holding my hand, encouraging me, and strengthening me along with my family, church family, friends, neighbors, and even people that I don't even know.

Wow, God! I love how He encourages me through others. I am standing on the life preserver given to me through this message...

The righteous cry out, and the Lord hears them; he delivers them from all their troubles. Psalm 34:17 (NIV)

Trust God from the bottom of your heart; don’t try to figure out everything on your own. Listen for God’s voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; he’s the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:5-6 (MSG)

Don’t panic. I’m with you. There’s no need to fear for I’m your God. I’ll give you strength. I’ll help you.   I’ll hold you steady, keep a firm grip on you. Isaiah 41:10 (MSG)

My Life Preserver...He hears my prayers...He directs me down the right path when I trust Him...He is with me and will give me strength...woo hoo!

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for Your Word that encourages me greatly! Thank You for people You put into my life to encourage me! Thank You for Doc not having a 'bad' day from the chemo! Thank You for Ellen's clean scans! Thank You for Dr. Gunter who blessed me in abundance with her sermon last night! Thank You for my friend who had successful surgery yesterday! Thank You for my Momma's good appointment with the neurologist! Thank You for loving me so greatly! Father, cleanse me so You can fill me today with more of You. Lord, I need a physical touch. This fatigue is getting to me. It seems like even with getting a good night's sleep, it is still there. Please do not allow it to make me miss any opportunity to share Your love with others today. Lord, I am crying out to You, trusting You, and relying on Your strength with Doc's diagnosis. I have said it before and will say it again, I truly believe You will heal Him while on this earth. Woo hoo! Father, may his healing be sooner than later in Your will. Thank You for being Our Life Preserver! Amen.

No comments: